Sunday, June 27, 2010

Days of Play: Go USA, Fort Worth Funtivities, Pups in Polka Dots, & Updates!

Lunch Date in Dallas

This past Thursday, Kristin and Bryson met me at work for a fun lunch date in Dallas. We dinned at OTB and boy was it tastey. What a special time with such sweet friends. Bryson has gotten to be such a big boy. He's so inquisitive and sure had most of the wait staff making sweet faces in his direction as well as commenting about how big he was for being six months old. He even got his very own kids menu with crayons. It might be a bit early... but such a sweet touch. Kristin thank you for such a fun day. I always love catching up with you and your sweet family. Cannot wait to do it again soon:) You both sure made my day!!!

Weekend Updates:
This past Friday night began with a quiet evening at home. While I was not a fan, it was definitely time to catch up on some grown up duties including... cleaning and tons of laundry! But it was ok because Saturday was right around the corner and would soon bring a few planned funtivities in Fort Worth.

Pups in Polka Dots!


Saturday morning while Ray and Michael were busy completing their monthly half marathon at White Rock, (Yes in the 90+ degree summer heat), I stayed home with the pups. We definitely enjoyed some puppy play time... and of course a small trip outside... when I returned, I realized that Mattie must have gotten in a ton of mud as she tried to clean it right on the couch... nope... it was bath time! So what is a furbaby mama to do?... take tons of pictures of course! Ha!


The many sleepy faces of Toby!

Sweet girl after her bath!

Early Saturday afternoon when Ray returned from his run, we quickly got ready for our day trip to Fort Worth. What a trooper my husband is. I couldn't imagine running 13.1 miles then spending a day walking around outside to enjoy city sites. At noon we had arrived in Fort Worth.

Fort Worth Funtivities

We watched the USA Soccer Game
at the Flying Saucer!

Enjoying some drinks!

Ray watching the game & celebrating good times!

Dinned on bar food! They definitely had some very yummy
chicken nachos! (Boy were they hot. Ha!)

After a good yet a sadly disappointing game... we left the Saucer and headed over to Schakolad Chocolate Factory! What an amazing place! They had so many different types of fudge and chocolate covered treats. So for dessert we ordered a few including the chocolate covered cheesecake, chocolate pretzel, and chocolate champagne truffle. I would highly recommend them all (especially the chocolate covered cheesecake... yum!)



After dessert we then headed around down town Fort Worth!


Beautiful Fountains!

Tarrant County Court House

Historic Building
Down Town streets of Fort Worth,TX

The Zellner exploring the city!

Fort Worth Stockyards!



This weekend was definitely filled with fun summer activities. I have loved soaking in the extra time, spending wonderful time with friends, and planning fun day trips to wherever. Life is absolutely an adventure and while each day may take its own course... it's fun having loved ones to travel with! I wish you all such a wonderful summer and upcoming 4th of July Holiday! What are some of your fun in the sun activities?

Sprouting Roots!

Look at our spices!!! Well we are doing something truly amazing with our chives... but it looks like some of the others might be taking the back seat. Our basil has officially started to root as well as some other minor changes are occurring with our oregano and cilantro. More updates to come... but first a bigger pot might be necessary! Ha!

On Sunday, we had such a great time with our ABF at the Heights Baptist Church. I absolutely missed all of our sweet friends. After an amazing service, a large group met up at Freebirds for some tasty food and catch up of course for our last Sunday lunch! It was such a great time to see everyone. I absolutely look forward to many more ABF activities... speaking of activities... our ABF will be attending a Rangers game in late July. Looking forward to many more posts and pics to come:)

I hope you have enjoyed the weekend updates! Have such a wonderful start to your week and I look forward to catching up with you as always:)

Love,
Alicia

2 comments:

  1. ...by the way... this dress is not exactly forgiving when seating in the sitting position! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. excuse me... there has been a correction made... my hubs brought it to my attention that our wild growing spice is not our chives... but our cilantro! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails