For the past several years, Ray has discussed how amazing it would be to grow our own produce. Over the past few months, I have slowly taken him up on this offer. For one of his birthday presents (I know completely unromantic Ha!) I bought him a Topsy Turvy Tomato kit... as seen on TV.But tomatoes were not the only "fruits of labor" that he wanted to produce.... So keeping in mind that we currently were a bit limited in space... we stopped by Home Depot to look at some different possibilities. We of course had to buy a tomato plant.. that did need a little TLC... but now is functioning well... and found 4 types of spices that we were excited to grow... including (and in this exact order) Basil, Chives, Cilantro, and Oregano.
Here is our cute 4 sectioned seed holder we bought. So in about 70 days we should see some wonderful plants taking root. I can't wait... and if this works... we may be thinking of more wonderful fruits/veggies we can grow once we move into a house:)
So for any of you DIY and farmers out there.... do you recommend anything? I would really love to grow strawberries... mainly b/c they are super amazing and I would love to eat them daily... but is there anything for someone who's new to this endeavor that would work well regardless how green one's thumb is?!?! Thanks for your help!
Love,
Alicia



No comments:
Post a Comment