Monday, June 21, 2010

Dallas White Rock World Vision Team!

This past Sunday, Ray went to a meeting at The Heights to look into a marathon team that was being put together to support an amazing charity. Team World Vision will be racing on December 5, 2010 at the Dallas White Rock Marathon. All donations will be raised to support World Vision and their efforts in Uganda to change the lives of the children and their community.

Here is the information provided:

Dallas White Rock
December 5th 2010

Why Should I Run?
Through this spiritual and physical life-changing experience you will be stretched beyond your comfort zone and in the process will... help more children by providing the right resources for a sustainable impact for children and their communities and you will be the voice for the poor by being in partnership with the poor and leveraging your influence as an effective agent for change to tackle the root causes of poverty and injustice.

What Do I Do?
1. Register with Team World Vision! (You make your own web page)
2. Click the link and register with White Rock!
3. Order your shirt, cause they are cool and cool!
4. Start Training and Raising donations for those in need!

How Do I Find Out Information?
Everything is online- sign up, training, and web donation pages...

Web- www.teamworldvision.org/Dallas
Meetup.com- www.meetup.com/twvdallas
Facebook- Dallas, TX- Team World Vision
Email- You will receive weekly emails from Team World Vision encouraging you during your training and to inform you of race information.

Key Dates:
July 10th: Dallas Run On at Mockingbird and 75
August 2nd: official Full Marathon training begins
August 2nd: Base Half Marathon training begins
August 7th: Group runs start at 6AM at White Rock Lake
September 13th: Official Half Marathon training begins
October 24th: 5 Mile Training race with 13.1 Us Road Sports
December 5th: Race Day

It's amazing how God can speak to us in so many different ways. Many of you may have read that I've been really feeling the need to complete another half or even a full (this would be my ultimate dream) and what could be better than to run for not only myself but for something that is absolutely bigger than me and bigger than I could ever imagine. Both Ray and I are looking forward to participating in such an amazing cause. I will have to keep you posted on the upcoming activities. And if this is something that tugs at your heart as much as ours... feel free to join us. There are numerous ways to participate. Join us as a runner or give a donation! Again our information/donation pages will be put up shortly... so please feel free to take a look and do something that is greater than you!

PS. I simply loved this picture... and while it is definitely a thought that may go through your head... you know you are running for something more!

RUN A RACE. CHANGE LIVES IN AFRICA.

Love,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails