They typically say... "Milk does a body good" and that is definitely a proven fact... but there are so many things we can do to take care of our bodies.I have honestly become so lazy over the past few weeks... months even. My goal was to be beach body ready for our Family Vacation to Panama City Beach, FL.... but then what? Each day I return home from work, put on comfy clothes, sit on the couch, and watch hours of television. I was good if I was getting in a walk with the hubs and pups. But I have to do something. Sunday night after Ray's meeting at the church, we began to discuss how we really wanted to focus our efforts and live a very happy and healthy lifestyle. But I will tell you drinking several cokes and snacking all day was not going to cut it for me. So we will once again have to get back on the work out wagon and truly make a lifestyle change if we want to have any results. So again, yesterday was officially day one. I know. We're back to this. I feel like I've been coming back to this same place... knowing that I don't feel healthy and realizing that I have to do something about it. But I'll work out for a few weeks and then get lazy again. So we're going to motivate each other. I think training for Team World Vision will be the additional push we need! So as of Monday I have decided to give it up... well as much as physically possible. I'm going to stay away from sodas and extra sugary drinks and trade them in for more of this...

On Monday I had a total of 5 water bottles to drink for the day. I was amazed. From a person who hated the taste of water to one that feels she can't get enough... Also if you are like me and are typically not a fan... try adding mixes. You can purchase mixes from any grocery store and really do transform the taste of your water.... and in regards to working out... boy am I out of shape. But I felt good afterwards. We worked out for about 45 minutes. I have never sweat so much... well I'm sure at one point or another I have... but it's sure been a while since I had. Then after dinner we took the pups for a walk as well.

So anyway with this in mind I'm saying good-bye sweets! I will do my best to put you out of my mind and focus on what food really should be... fuel! But we're all human. We of course want that fuel to taste good! For more information on tasty food that will not dip the scale view Eat This Not That options here. I'll keep you posted on our efforts!
Love,
Alicia

No comments:
Post a Comment