Monday, May 24, 2010

A Taste of Summer 2010!

"Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it. "
- Greg Anderson


It is amazing how quickly time flies by when you're having fun! This weekend was just that!

Enjoy this weekend wrap up post! I wish you all such a wonderful week ahead and as always look forward to catching up with you! ENJOY!



Friday afternoon at work, one of my co-workers brought in Dimples Cupcakes for a supervisor's birthday... shall I say YUM! It was one of the best cup cakes I have ever eaten.... and it was carrot cake! AMAZING! Now I am simply waiting for the next birthday because I must go purchase more of these yummy treats!

Friday Night Date Night


After I returned home from work, Ray and I had decided on a date night. We went to see Shutter Island at the dollar theater in Plano. We actually missed our original time and bought tickets for the 9:40PM showing instead. While we waited we decided to venture over to the closest Starbucks for some fun conversation and hang out before the show! I even got Ray to try a Carmel Frap! The thought of cold coffee had always grossed him out, but he actually loved it! Score for me:)



Shall I say the movie was actually really good. I hadn't really heard anything in reviews and did really enjoy it; however, it was a pretty long show and as soon as we returned home it was lights out for this girl!

Early Saturday morning we met up with the Brushwoods to help move James to his new place with his wife! :) Everything was so well organized. The weather even cooperated as it had been overcast and not too hot.... so it was a pretty simple move!



We had even put some furniture pieces in Ray's car... this was just too funny so I had to take a picture. It does not do justice for the situation. Ray drove all the way to the apartment with the seat pushed all the way to the front and the steering wheel in his lap. Absolutely hilarious... no worries... we were driving about 25mph! ha!

After the move, we stopped for a yummy lunch provided by James and Kaylan to thank us for our help! We would do it again in a heart beat:) After lunch we enjoyed some pool time. That overcast sky quickly turned into such a beautiful day... and boy did I get some sun!


Kaylan & I at the Village Pool:)


James and Ray on Pool Day!

Thank you guys for such an amazing day! What a relaxing end to a fun day with friends!

This weekend was also Taste Addison! On Sunday after Ray's monthly half marathon (ran with Michael at White Rock) and a great service at The Heights Baptist Church, Ray and I decided to make our way out to Addison Circle for a fun day of great restaurants, wine tastings and tours, and cooking demonstrations.



Addison Circle was packed with so many great restaurants and activities.



Of course after circling all the booths and on such a hot day... of course we had to sample some cookies and cream gelato at Paciugo! And while it did melt as you can obviously see within the picture... boy was it AMAZING!

We had also heard about some wine tastings and decided what a fun activity to part take in. Plus it helped to beat the heat as well and was inside! Once inside we realized that they were doing tastings from a winery in Napa Valley: Robert Mondavi Winery.


Ray and I ready for our wine tasting! We sampled 4 types of wines (2 red/2 white).



After the 30 minute wine tasting session, we then watched a cooking demonstration for quesadillas and salsa. The viewers were even given samples. It was so yummy!



What a fun ending to such a great weekend! A weekend filled with activities from fun in the sun, movie watching, yummy taste testing and wine tours, to catch up time with friends. I am so excited for what this week holds and am so excited to be meeting with family for a fun time of rest and relaxation!

I wish you all such a wonderful week! Look forward to many more updates to come...

Until then,

Love,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails