Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Facing Your Fears!

Another interesting Tuesday Tidbit came to mind... FEAR! I will be honest. I am a huge scardy-cat. So many things scare me or make me extremely nervous. While some of them may have good reason others are simply ridiculous. So here are the top 10 "most interesting" of mine... (in no particular order) and hopefully after posting them I may learn to eventually face my fears!

1. Heights or maybe the fear of falling... both are pretty uncool.
2. The Dark... yes I am 25 and hate the idea of being alone in the dark.
3. Murky ocean water... come on ppl I lived near Galveston and have we not all seen Jaws?!?!
4. Change. I know this one might be odd... but I like what I like. I like organization and I like to plan.
5. Overflowing Toilets. Yes I have a fear that any and all toilets may overflow.
6. Burning down my apartment. I fear that somehow I have left a burner or hair straightener on. If I do not specifically watch myself turn it off or unplug it... I will be haunted by the notion that I might start a small fire and burn down the apartment. Sad. I know.
7. Infertility. This may seem like a strange one. Ever since starting a family in the future has come into the picture, I do actually fear that I will not be able to have a baby.
8. Flying. I am not the best flyer. I've had several different issues with planes taking emergency landings, lost luggage, etc. So for some reason I truly fear flying until we have landed safely on the ground.
9. Running out of Chapstick. You think I'm joking. I cannot be without my chapstick. It is serious enough that if I somehow forget to bring a tube... meaning I've changed purses, did not put some in my back pocket as usual or somehow have lost the few tubes at my office and in my car... I will go out and purchase a new tube immediately. To be without chapstick is to be completely lost for the day. Yes. Again that is sad:)
10. Killing insects with MY shoe. Ok I don't fear this one specifically... but just hate the concept of killing bugs with my own shoe. I'll kill it with anothers shoe... but knowing that some little dead bug body is hitching a ride on mine just freaks me out.

Like I said... not all of my fears have merit, but still they are baggage I carry with me. Ha!
Time for you to face yours. What are some of your fears?!?!

Love,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails