Sunday, May 2, 2010

Are you ENGAGED?!?!

This Sunday, I was ENGAGED!

On May 2, 2010, The Heights Baptist Church held Engage Sunday, a community wide service project where hundreds if not hopefully thousands go out into the community to serve and share Christ with others.

The honeymooners traveled to Vickery Creek Apartment complex to engage with a ministry called Refugee Resources serving with children and their families. Our services included... passing out breakfast burritos and drinks, playing fun games including soccer, badminton, playing with chalk, bubbles, running 3-legged races... but what these kids taught me will truly stay in my heart for a lifetime!

View Video Here!

Meet the Honeymooners/Staff and the sweet kids of Vickery Creek!









Jesus Loves You!

To learn more about the Heights Baptist Church and Engage Sunday view here.

It is amazing to know that God truly does have a plan for our lives... that again it may not always be our timing or our chosen path... but it is through us that He truly works His miracles. I saw it on Sunday and through those kids. I think it is so important for us to be reminded of such love and to be thankful for all that we have been given. As sometimes we focus our negativity on what we don't have... maybe we should focus more on what we do. We all have been given a gift... and it is up to us to return such a favor.

Today truly reminded me all that I am thankful for and hope that in return I will be reminded to pay it forward! I hope we all can do that.

Love,
Alicia

2 comments:

  1. PS: 4th rolled ankle to date. That is what happens when you race a second grader and 3 year old... gosh I'm getting old. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about your ankle :(
    And you are so right...that is definitely Jabar!! SO precious!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails