Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2010: Where to Begin?

Remembering the Past & Excited for the Future!

I've always said we must look to the past to appreciate the future. 2009 was such a huge year for both Raymond and I as well as our friends! I am so excited for the future and all that is to come. And while not every path was of my choosing, I'm so thankful I was lead down it because it brought me to where I am today.

I've viewed so many posts from other blogs about remembering the previous year and thought... hey that's a great idea but I would also like to remember the passing decade. So here's a little recap of the previous decade (of what I can remember)... and a wish list for the upcoming New Year!

2000-2009:
(as best I can remember it)

-2001: Joined the Stars Dance Team in High school.
-2002: I met Ray at IHop after my Dance Spring Show. Immediately started dating and have been ever since. (7 plus years and growing)
-2002: Started my first job at Mervyns in the shoe department
-2003: Graduated from William P. Clements High School in Sugar Land
-2003-2007: Moved to College Station to attend Texas A&M University (and Blinn): I was originally a Psych major but later changed my major to Communication with a minor in Business
-2004-current: I met my best girl friends at college. They have all been recently married or engaged over the last few years!

Married Away:
2007: Kristin and Michael Fant
2008: Stephanie and Adam Duke
2009: Alicia and Raymond Zellner
2010: Kaylan and James Brushwood
2011 and 2012 we have high hopes:)

-2007: We got our first puppy: Toby!
-2007: Ray and I moved to Plano, TX.
-2008: We added a new member to our family: Our puppy Mattie!
-2008: I ran my first half marathon
-2008: Ray ran a full marathon with Michael
-2009: I ran two half marathons with Kristin and Ray
-2009: Ray ran two half marathons and completed a triathlon
-2009: Ray and I got engaged on a road trip with great friends to Oklahoma!
- 2009: We were Married in 2009 in Dallas, TX!
-2009: Our best friends were pregnant and had a beautiful baby boy!
-2009: NY: We celebrated the end of a decade with amazing friends!

2010 Forecast:
-
Kaylan and James' Wedding in May
- Daniela and Robert's Wedding
- Expecting more baby bumps this year (not mine but from friends:)
- Watching the cutest little blond boy grow and all of his firsts!
- Saving for a house in a few years (We are keeping our fingers crossed!)
- Really just enjoying our first year of marriage!
- Joining the Heights Baptist Church and really growing and serving more in the new year

For now that's all I can forsee. I look forward to the future and all that is to come!

Love,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails