It's all about the first step....No seriously. For me there are times that I have to give myself a pep talk and force myself to work out. This New Year I decided to revamp my lifestyle and really hold myself accountable for working out and just increasing my overall activity and wellness.
So on January 2, 2010... That's exactly what we did. Both Ray and I put on our running shoes and headed for the gym. Now I'll be honest with you. After a year of training and three half marathons later, I thought it would be so easy to just get back to running as usual. I do think I was a bit scared wondering how that first day would be... but seriously after everything I did how hard could it be. Well to be honest it was a lot harder than I thought. I hadn't worked out regularly since what... September of last year B4 THE WEDDING! How sad was this. I barely ran a mile and could feel every ping and ache in my legs and knees.
But regardless how out of shape I really have become I do know that there really is a light at the end of the tunnel. I just got to keep myself motivated and keep putting on those shoes. Our goal is to pretty much work out every other day and hopefully that will put me back where I was at the beginning of the year.
I'll let you know how it goes...
Love,
Alicia

That's how it is for me too. It takes me forever to get myself in the gym after I haven't worked out in a while, but as soon I step in there for the first time, I'm back on track for a while!!
ReplyDeleteI wish I was keeping up with my goal... however it's already starting to go a little down hill... BUT we will be working out today so hopefully I can get back on track!
ReplyDelete