Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Playing Catch Up!


Ok now I'm NOT talking about this kind of Ketchup... but boy do I really love it! I mean it seriously is the best condiment in the whole wide world... but that's not really what this blog post was supposed to be about... anywho!!!

I'm talking about a form of Catch Up that one does with his/her fellow bloggers including my family and friends. I've really loved the opportunity of creating and posting on my blog. Sometimes... and believe me I know... they are random thoughts that are blurted out and may not all make sense and sometimes they may be so long that many of you stop reading. But in the end it's not about if everyone reads my posts or understands them. It's about having the opportunity to connect with those you love, those family members that are distant, and maybe those that don't know your name but now somehow have a connection with you. I've loved every moment of it.

So... to better connect with our family and friends... here are answers to some questions I've received as of late!

What are we up to these days?!?!


1. New Activities: Ray and I have taken on several new activities and groups since we've been married. We are currently in the process of joining the Heights Baptist Church in Richardson, TX. We are apart of The Honeymooners ABF (Adult Bible Fellowship). We absolutely love this wonderful group of people and look forward to serving and participating in activities with them. Ray is also in the process of joining a Men's Choir Group called The Vocal Majority which is a very prestigious group that has won 10 Gold Metals at International Competitions. This does take up a large amount of his Thursdays and will eventually take up more of his time as competition season comes around, but I am so happy for him to accomplish one of his life long dreams. I am moving forward with many more craft projects for The Favor and hopefully will look into getting an Etsy Shop of my own:) More information will be posted soon!
2. Puppies: The puppies are doing great. We've had Mattie for a full year as of November and are loving her as our new addition. Toby will be 3 on February 2. Yes I do know that is Ground Hog Day:) Toby had previously had some health issues about a month ago but seems to be doing a lot better. We look forward to cooler weather when we are able to take them back to the dog park and out of the apartment more. Gosh I can't wait for a back yard:)
3. Training: Ray is training for another potential marathon this December, a few more half marathons, potentially a triathlon and so forth. I am so very proud of his accomplishments and look forward to supporting him through all of his competitions this year. I too look into getting back in shape and finish a few more races this year. To be honest, I am sadly thinking that Cow Town will be out of reach for me this year, but do look forward to more races toward the middle of the year once I'm fully ready and back in shape:) ha! Seriously....!!!!
4. Home: I've received many questions if we will be looking for a house this year. We will be staying in our apartment for a little while but are looking forward to saving up for one that we love in a few years. Our goal is to move back north but we will see what God blesses us with.
5. Wedding Season: We have been blessed with many friends that will be getting married this year as well as next year. We are absolutely looking forward to helping share all of these special moments with these wonderful couples.
6. Family: I love and miss my family so much! I'm so thankful for each and every one of you and simply stated... I can't wait for the day that we get to go back and catch up of course!
7. Friends: Engagements, Weddings, and Babies... oh my! I am absolutely so thankful! My best friends have been a second family to me since college. We've shared so many life changing moments and I'm just so blessed and honored to be apart of it. I can't wait for all that the future has to hold but know that I wouldn't miss any of it for the world:)

Well I guess that's all I have for now...
More stories and photos will be posted soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails