Sunday, January 24, 2010

How Did That NOT Catch On Fire?!?!

Disclaimer: This post is not for those with a weak stomach or for those that are easily grossed out... so if this applies to you... please STOP reading this post.


For about a month now I've been frustrated at the lack of quality that our dryer has been putting out. I mean, it would take 3-4 cycles to dry our clothes. I first simply thought that ok, this makes sense. It's an older machine. Or I even considered that maybe I was filling the wash with too many clothes. But of course that couldn't be the problem. So on Saturday after I had allowed piles and piles of laundry to accumulate within the apartment I decided that it was enough. So I sucked it up for that day and determined I would ask the company for a new one to be delivered immediately. A little while later I smelled ... something from the dryer. I then thought that it kind of smelled like burning. I asked Ray to come over and see if my senses were just deceiving me... but they weren't.

After looking into possibilities... Ray mentioned, "Hey have we emptied the lint trap?" Moments later he opened the trap and pulled out what I can only label as a lint baby! Please view the evidence below! It was solid lint. Our next thought... How did that NOT catch on fire!?!? And while I have no exact answer to that, I will say we are extremely lucky... and now our dryer works like a charm! Ha!



Love,
Alicia

5 comments:

  1. OH. MY. GOSH. That's so gross!! haha! I'm glad it didn't catch on fire, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It might be more sad that I blogged about it... but I couldn't get over... (the size, the amazement, the look)... it! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen that much lint in my life. I can't believe you hadn't emptied it. I guess you learned your lesson. You are SOOO lucky it didn't catch on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Update! So as I've told many of you... not a few days later... this past Sunday our dryer started smoking! It's just crazy that once the hazard had been removed that is when it decided to try to catch on fire... Angry fist!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails