Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Whirlwind Week(s) of Events

Hello to all of you fellow Blogspot-onians!
Whew these past few weeks have been so amazing! I feel as though we have all been blessed, busy, amazed, loved, fulfilled, and emptied ALL at the same time!

And with all that is going on I'd like to truly focus some of this post and energy on the Christmas Season and pray that we are all reminded of what and who this season is truly about!

A few Sundays ago on December 13, 2009, The Heights Baptist Church hosted Three Trees.


Three trees is a community-wide service event that helps less fortunate families during the Christmas Season. During the weeks that lead up to Three trees, members are able to receive Christmas Angels. Each angel specifies an age and gender of a child in which individuals are able to go and purchase gifts.



1000 gifts are placed at the alter. This helps over 300 underprivileged families within the area. On the night of Three Trees, families are given Payless Shoe gift certificates for each child, a Wal-Mart gift card, and are able to choose a gift for each child.

On this Sunday, Ray and I had the wonderful opportunity to host a family at Three Trees! We were given a special family with four beautiful children. I absolutely loved this opportunity to serve. I will be honest and say that it was extremely difficult at times but absolutely worth everything to be/give something more than ourselves. My family spoke very little English and while I did believe I had a pretty good Spanish vocabulary I quickly was humbled and realized that communication would be difficult. But what I learned is that serving shouldn't always come easy. It should be something that we learn and grow from... something that we realize we aren't doing just for us but to really be an example of Christ's love to ALL people!

The most important thing learned this year is that...
We should spend less and give more!


And again I am humbled to know that with all this craziness that it is so important to be reminded of the wonderful holiday and not what we have to do but what we want to do.

This past Friday was our first Date Night with 2 of our groups in our ABF. On Friday we met up with Katy and Matt Link as well as Jenny and Tim Hare at Bjs in Allen. (Pictures taken from the Tacky Christmas Party: Thanks Katy!)


Matt and Katy Link


Jenny and Tim Hare

Both Ray and I had a great time getting to know these two sweet couples over some very yummy food. I am so thankful that we found such a great group of people to serve with. They are all such wonderful people and I can't wait to get to know each of them better!

This past Saturday, one of our best friends, Michael Fant graduated from SMU with his Masters in Business Administration and a focus in Finance! (I borrowed this picture from Kristin)


Michael we are so extremely proud of you and your accomplishments. We are so excited for your new adventures as you take on the world at work and home! You are truly inspirational and we are so thankful to have you in our lives! Congrats!!!!

For this graduation... they held a party at the Fant's House.


Monday as I'm sure you read, Bryson Fant was welcomed into this world! He is such a blessing and we are so excited to watch him grow! We all love him already:)


Well I guess that is a whirlwind of events but here are the ones to follow:

Upcoming Events:
1. December 24, 2009: Christmas Eve Service
2. Christmas with my husband and friends
3. December 28, 2009: A&M v. Georgia: Bowl Game: Drinks at __________!
4. December 31, 2009: New Years Family Karaoke Style


For now that is all that is to come! I am so excited and thankful this Season! Thankful for my husband and for our families... Thankful for our friends and how we've made a home and family in Dallas.... Thankful for our kiddos... Each day is a blessing as we are not guaranteed the next! This season I'm going to focus on spending less so I can truly give MORE!

Love,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails