Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year Resolutions!

So it's about that time again...
HAPPY NEW YEAR... (ish)

Time to make your New Years Resolution(s)!
I'll be honest. I LOVE making New Year Resolutions! I know it's kind of against the norm... only b/c I really do want to keep them. I know I know. I'm like most people. I say things that I want for the new year like to work out or to read more or give more time to some activity and then weeks or months later that goal has gone down the drain. Honestly that mindset is really sad and really frustrating. I'm sure like most of you, we all really do intend on keeping our resolutions but with all that's going on in our lives it really is difficult and more of a challenge.

Well if last year taught me anything... uh hum...
(view pictures below)

To view information about our year long training endeavor, click here


Cow Town Half Marathon, Ft Worth, TX

... it taught me that you really can accomplish your goals/resolutions. All you have to have is dedication, lots of encouragement, motivation, and love from those around you, and some will power!

This year is a little different for Ray and I. I wanted something more... not just another resolution but something that would give more of myself.... and I think Ray came up with a genius idea.

It is labeled YoM: Year of Months!
We both look at this resolution from a different standpoint. Ray's goal is to accomplish three specific goals each month for an entire year!

It would include:
1. Reading a book
2. Finishing a video game
3. Run a half marathon (not technically a race)
4. Finishing 5 books from the bible
(and potentially more)

His goals are to finish the Harry Potter series, Read the entire bible, run 12 marathons and potentially another full marathon, and play a lot more video games. I'm really proud and know he's very dedicated.

My idea is to have specific monthly goals for example I too will read the bible and read a book each month but I'd also like to set different goals each month. Now I'm not exactly sure what all the goals will be but I'm excited to sit down and figure that out.

So what are your resolutions this year? You'll have to let me know if you stick to it and how it works out for you. Know that I'm behind you 110% of the way and think that anything's possible... remember 2 years ago we gave up soda... and coming from a person that drank 5 a day... ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE:)


Good Luck & Happy Resolutions!

Love,
Alicia

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying so much reading about your love of life, husband and God. Especially loving all the photos!! Thanks for sharing! :) I might even get back into my blogging soon, you've inspired me so! ~hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. the first post had an oops on spelling so I deleted...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails