Friday, December 4, 2009

A Little Holiday Cheer!

Favorite Christmas Movies!

One of my favorite activities of the season is to curl up on the couch with my hubby and puppies in Ray's Old Navy pj pants and my dad's old A&M sweatshirt, sipping a warm holiday mug of hot chocolate with EXTRA marshmellows, and watching one of my favorite Christmas movies.

This year we've already watched:
1. Elf
2. 4 Christmas'
3. Polar Express


As a fun activity my husband and I are each making a separate list of our Favorite Christmas movies and then watch the top ones of course... ok ok we'll probably watch them all. Mine of course will include the famous National Lampoon's Family Vacation, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and Elf (which we will probably see several times this year)... but I wanted to think outside the box a little. For some reason I have this huge urge to see Home Alone 1 and 2 (which isn't a stretch for some as it is on many people's fav Christmastime movies) but really not one of my usual ones. Something that's interesting that I never really thought of as a Christmas movie is Diehard. After hearing that I decided to go ahead and google Favorite Christmas movies on the internet. And yes, many of the all time favorites came up... some that I've listed as well as Miracle on 34th Street, White Christmas, A Christmas Story... and many others. But there were some movies that I hadn't really considered before... Serendipity (as presented in the above picture), Die Hard, While you were Sleeping... etc. So this made me think... I decided to make my own list and ask for suggestions on facebook. I'm getting a good response but wonder if there are any others that I'm forgetting.

So I'm going to go ahead and let you in on my current list and you tell me what you think or if I should add any other special ones:

FAV CHRISTMAS MOVIES:
1. How the Grinch Stole Christmas: The Cartoon
2. Natonal Lampoon's Family Vacation
3. Elf
4. 4 Christmas'
5. Scrooged
6. The Santa Clause
7. Home Alone 1
8. Home Alone 2
9. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Jim Carey)
10. Serendipity: I just love this movie and if its considered one I'd love to watch it and keep with tradition of course;)
11. A Christmas Story
12. Die Hard: Why not!?!?!

What are your thoughts?!?!?!

Love,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails