Monday, December 14, 2009

Baking Up Something Sweet


Saturday, December 12, 2009: Baking Up Something Sweet:
Baby Shower for Kristin and Bryson Fant!

I am so excited for this little guy to be here as I'm sure everyone is!

This past Saturday we held a Surprise Baking Themed Baby Shower. The best part was that Kristin had absolutely no idea! For months, this little project was underway and I was hoping each day I didn't get the call that Bryson had decided to join us a little earlier than his expected due date of December 21st! And while we are all so anxiously waiting for his arrival... I will be honest and say that I was so excited that we were able to do something so special for such a special friend!!!!

Here are a few party details:
- Theme: Baking Up Something Sweet
- Location: My apartment
- Attendants: Family and our close group of friends
- Game: Just Ask Mama: Winner Stephanie Bragg
(You take a note card and ask a question pertaining to babies... After you write your answer down, pass your card to the left where that individual will write the answer to their own question on the back of your card. Everyone will read the crazy question and answer combinations. Whichever card has the funniest combo will win a prize!)
- Party Favor: Gingerbread Boy Cookie Cutters
- Kristin's Party Favor: Apron "Nothing Says Love'n Like a Bun in the Oven!"
- Food: Desserts including cookies and milk, puppy chow, pecan tassies, brie with applies, pretzels dipped in blue chocolate, cupcakes, brownies, and other wonderful treats!

Here are some fun pictures of the party:

We had told the Fants that both Ray and I wanted to hang out and maybe do dinner. And this is what they walked into... SURPRISE!!!!


The wonderful spread of food and shower decor!


Yummy dessert treats!


Shower Attendants with the Guest of Honor!


Nothing Says Love'n Like a Bun in the Oven!
Kristin with 9 days to go!!! (or earlier:)


Soccer themed Christmas tree for Bryson! Kicks in and out of the tummy!


Gift Time! Cute Scrapbook paper and stickers!




Cookies and Christmas Dessert Supplies


Baby Bottle, the softest blanket, and fun lego silverwear!




Bryson's new argyle piggy bank with a 2009 penny!
Gotta get started on that college fund:)

After gifts, everyone received their cookie cutter Gingerbread boy and left with a take home goody bag of wonderful treats. Kristin, I hope you had an amazing Shower!!!

After the shower, we met up with the boys and went to dinner at Cristina's Mexican Food Restaurant (YUM!) Here are some final Christmas pictures before Bryson is here! We absolutely cannot wait!!!


Kristin, Michael, and Bryson Fant:)


Kristin and I Christmas 09


Our amazing husbands!

Such a SWEET day!!!!

Love,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails