Monday, December 28, 2009

Dallas Winter Wonderland


I wish I could have captured every single moment of this past Christmas Weekend on film... even though I know it would be impossible to do. Regardless, I will honestly cherish those moments for a lifetime in my heart !

I seriously think there are moments that God creates just for us. I'm not exactly talking "signs" but I do think that there are things that happen that were absolutely meant to be and were meant for us specifically. It is through such wonderful grace and love that we were put here and even able to receive such gifts. It is in HIM that I am truly thankful!



Again I hope you all had such a wonderful Christmas! This year as I'm sure you've read, both Ray and I had decided to stay in Dallas for our first newly wed Christmas. And while we absolutely missed our families at home and love and miss them daily, I am absolutely so thankful for the time we shared with each other.

Welcome to the first Zellner Family Christmas!
(in Dallas)

Christmas Eve: On Thursday, Checkpast was opened until noon! It was at work that I heard we might have a White Christmas this year in Dallas. Only moments before I had been speaking to my mom about the weather explaining that it was a nice 40 degrees but didn't expect anything different. Boy was I wrong! Right as I was about to leave work those beautiful white flakes started to fall. It wasn't until I left work that it had begun to rain and those beautiful snowflakes had turned into sleet and didn't feel as pretty as it looked. Before returning home I had a few errands to run... and like most people that waited until the last minute I too had to run to the store. I picked up some holiday baking goodies, snacks as well as went to Blockbuster for a few Christmas movies and I was back home to spend with my wonderful family. Our Christmas Eve consisted of watching fun Christmas movies like Die Hard and A Christmas Story, baking up cookies for the puppies (seriously I had looked up a recipe for dog treats), attending the 6PM Christmas Eve Service at the Heights Baptist Church, and playing in the snow.

I did manage to capture many of our amazing moments!

Popcorn Treats for us and Doggy Treats for the Pups

Christmas Eve Service at the Heights

Winter Wonderland and Snow Play




Sliding down the hill on a water cooler lid



Back inside after our time in the snow...
Christmas Eve pictures with the pups!

Us with Mattie and Orion... Toby was not really feeling our photo opt!


So we kind of made him join us:)
All the pups! Love this picture:) Ha!


My two beautiful babies on Christmas Eve!


Aunt Alicia and Orion! Look he's SMILING:) Love it!
Last night at camp:(


Filling the puppies stockings!


Treats for the pups! Ok we usually say no presents on Christmas Eve... but decided they couldn't wait:)

Christmas Day
On Friday, we woke up to a beautiful White Christmas in Dallas!


Merry Christmas, Love the Zellners!

At 7:45AM we decided to begin our morning! Some of the pups really liked the snow while another was very unsure! All in all they had a great start to such a beautiful day!


Toby and Mattie in the Snow!


Orion in the snow:)

After we dropped the puppies off at the apartment, both Ray and I decided to take a walk and with such beautiful scenary and great company, I have to say this was definitely one of our most favorite moments of the weekend!


Ray sliding in our apartment driveway...


It was a bit nippy on my face... probably one of the only times I was quiet in my life:) ha!


Ray in the beauitful snow on our way out of the apartment!

My first snow angel!

How beautiful and COLD:) hehe!



Christmas Morning Breakfast Celebration with my Husband

Cinnamon Rolls and Mimosas! YUM!

After breakfast, Ray read the story of Jesus' birth: Luke Chapter 2!

Later on that morning, we shared each others gifts! This year... being newlyweds and all, Ray came up with a genius plan! We decided to make gift lists of the things we wanted on our registry. We each took our left over gift cards and bought each other gifts! It was so wonderful and it didn't brake the bank:) Ha! I'm sure you were all wondering... WHO FOUND THE PICKLE?!?! Please read previous blog about our new Zellner Family Tradition! I found it! Thanks Michael for hiding it for us this year!

Gifties!

My perfect Brownie!

Ray's new game!

My new soft and comfy spa set:) PS: Toby stole my luffa right after this picture... so I'll have to make sure he doesn't think its his new and favorite play toy!


Toby and Orion playing with the wrapping paper:)

After we opened gifts, Ray and I watched more Christmas movies, baked, napped, and enjoyed the day!

That night we had been invited by our sweet friends to Christmas Dinner. Kristin's family made such a wonderful spread and we felt so special to be apart of it and celebrate such a wonderful time. We are so thankful for their friendship and look forward to more wonderful memories! Thanks to the Fant and Bragg families.

Side note: This was also the last day of puppy camp for little O! Remember he's welcome anytime:)


Group picture of The Zellners and Fants including Baby Bryson!!!


Bryson and I! I absolutely love this little baby! He's perfect in every way:)


Ray and baby Bryson!

We had such a wonderful Christmas!

Day after Christmas!
On Saturday, Ray and I took some personal time for us. This was the first time we really had just with each other to enjoy and relax since the honeymoon! We slept in, went shopping, ate, and saw a movie. Our original plan was to go see Ice at the Gaylord, but decided that we didn't want to rush through anything and will actually be going this next weekend!

This weekend taught me so much. It taught me to be thankful and to really enjoy each moment and to also relax! Ha! I absolutely cannot wait to share these moments with my loved ones and plan for our next visit home ! We love and miss you so much Zellner and Waldrup Families!
Until then...


Love,
Alicia

OH OH: Christmas Movie Recap!
Ok while we did not get to see every movie on our Christmas Movie Marathon List, I do feel we did a pretty good job!

Our list of Movies:
1. The Grinch (The Cartoon)
2. White Christmas (first time since childhood)
3. It's a Wonderful Life (first time since childhood)
4. Elf (a couple of times)
5. Die Hard
6. A Christmas Story
7. National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
8. Four Christmases
9. Home Alone (small portion)
10. Polar Express

Plus do include random lifetime Christmas Movies as well as our favorite tv Christmas party episodes... Can't wait until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails