Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Sick Puppy!

Today we are exhausted from a night at the animal hospital...
Poor Toby had a Seizure...



At 1:38AM I heard the strangest noise which sounded like horrible scratching and something hitting the wall. I had thought earlier maybe I heard one of the puppies get sick but when I looked up I thought both had been accounted for. What seemed like minutes later, the noise woke me up. It was this time that I saw Toby against the wall and knew something was wrong. I realized only a few seconds later that it was a seizure. His mouth was open and jaw clenched. He was shaking horribly. His eyes were fixated. He had even pottied and gotten sick on the floor... I felt so helpless. I honestly thought I was going to lose my puppy. And I know he's a dog but in my heart he is like my kiddo... my first and my baby!

After maybe 5-10 minutes (even though it felt like forever), Toby had come to. He was still shaking and a little bit off. When it first happened, Ray immediately called the Animal hospital only a few blocks away. We took him in and by that time he seemed to be doing ok. He had blood work taken and even received a clean bill of health. After 3:00AM we returned home. And while I am so thankful that nothing is internally wrong that we know of... it is still so hard to think that my puppy had a seizure. I NEVER want to see that again. The vet said this may be something that never happens again or could be a regular thing... so all we can do now is watch him.


Our baby's first ever picture! He'll be 3 in February.

Hopefully no more will have to be posted about this, but for now we are so thankful that he's ok... doing well... and resting at home! We love you Sir Toby the Red!

Love,
a very worried Mama

2 comments:

  1. Aww poor Tobs!! I'm glad he's OK though. Man, I bet you were scared to death

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alicia, just found your blog. What came to mind about the seizures is I'm wondering if you use those disposable mopping wipes. I've heard that the chemicals in them are absorbed into the pups feet and can cause them to be ill and have seizures. Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails