Well as the title of the blog shows... I HAVE BEEN SICK. This isn't the typical once a year sort of 24 hour bug... but the bug as shown on the "Mucinex commercials" that has moved in and has currently refused to leave. I have honestly been sick now for over a week. I was advised when I took this job that it wasn't if I would get sick but when and for how long. My immune system was just not out to fight all the different germs that being around small children provides. I did see it interesting and very ironic that our topic this week was all about (well if you can't guess) it was about GERMS and how important it is to wash our hands, use tissues, and cough into our elbows... all the things that I had done over and over but had lost in the battle. So after a huge coughing battle on Wednesday at our usual staff meeting, I knew it was time to bite the bullet and go to Carenow. I pretty much self diagnosed my condition as a sinus infection and with only a short visit later found out I was correct and was given two prescriptions as well as advised to continue the Mucinex. For the past two days I have been home. I'm so hoping to get better before the weekend... not that I have a full list of things to do... but this illness has cost me several fun outings, a move, and a weekend of relaxation... so I'm hoping to get rid of this thing and FAST!Plus I am so sick of feeling sick. While I would love to get some additional rest, the meds I'm taking (one a steriod) actually keeps me awake and the worst part makes my cheeks turn bright red and hot. I guess that's not too bad of a side effect. But what I can say with this "extra time" I have watched so many movies in the past two days. I want to say I've seen probably 20 since we don't have cable. Ok I may be exaggerating a bit... but seriously... kind of crazy to think of.
So anyway... our internet is finally up and working at our new home in McKinney so do expect MANY MANY more blogs to update you on all the more fun things (this time i can exclude all the sickness) that we've been up to. Wishing you well and healthy!
Love,
Alicia

No comments:
Post a Comment