Sunday, October 24, 2010

Chick-fil-a, AMC, Joyland, Fall Festive Weekend!

Our weekend was filled with wonderful activities from dinner and date nights out to Fall Festival work days to working several nights in Joyland at the church. It was definitely a busy but fun-filled weekend.

With very little food options in the fridge and with a gift card in hand (won at Minute to Win It), Friday night the hubs and I decided to grab food from Chick-fil-a. We dinned on the usual; however, I will have to say that this really is one of my favorite fast food joints... if you can call it that.


It was definitely a nice night to catch up with the hubs and to RELAX!

Saturday morning, the pups let us sleep in until 9AM. I mean this is huge. Toby's internal clock had kicked in ever since the move and since he was no longer sharing a bed with us. Typically between 6:30AM-7AM he greets us with his whining and impatience but on this morning we were given a gift of two extra hours. Hey I'll take it.

By that afternoon, with our other Minute to Win It gift card we left for AMC to see Hereafter starring Matt Damon and directed by Clint Eastwood. This film discusses death and of course the "hereafter" as described by the title.

After our matinee movie at Stonebriar, we spent a few more hours with the pups before it was time for me to head to the church to work with my kiddos in Joyland. But before I left for work I had to take a cute picture.


Zellner Family of Four



Tonight I worked with children from kindergarten through fourth grade. We colored pictures, put a few puzzles together, and watched a movie. I received the cutest comment from a second grade girl. She looked at me with a questioning face.

girl... "Um Miss Alicia. Do your lips hurt?"
Me... "No sweety. Why?"
girl... "Well you keep putting stuff on your lips and I didn't know why."

I absolutely love this age. They are so cute and inquisitive... and she was right. Sadly I don't even notice anymore.

Sunday morning, Ray and I met upstairs with our ABF and enjoyed a great small group discussion on the book "Radical" that we will be studying over the course of the next few weeks. It definitely will give us a lot to think about and to discuss. By 10:30 we went downstairs to our room in Joyland. Every fourth Sunday of the month, my husband and I teach a class of 3 1/2 year olds. I absolutely love it and am so thankful that we are able to share and serve children together. In class we told the story of Joshua and the battle of Jericho. We discussed Joshua's army ... as our class portrayed this portion of the story and marched around the room saluting and tooting our horns... Joshua was so loved by God that the walls came tumbling down. In our craft project we discussed how God loves his people. The kids then colored pictures of themselves adding buttons, clothing, glitter, and so forth. In the very center we placed a red heart sticker. We relayed the message that God loves us! What a special message!

Upon finishing church, Ray and I quickly... well not exactly quickly as we waited in line for what seemed like forever... we grabbed some Great Outdoor subs... and returned to the church for our Fall Festival Work Day.

The Heights is providing a free Fall Festival that will be taking place this Wednesday, October 27 from 6-8PM. The theme this year is Once Upon a Time... and as you may be able to see... our ABF is doing The Wizard of Oz. More details and pictures shall be posted shortly. Just know that you are seriously in for a treat!

After our work day, I had a few hours at home then I would once again return to the church to assist with child care. Tonight I worked with the older children from second to fifth grade. From 4:45- 8:15PM we made mosaics, colored worksheets, played on the playground, and watched a movie. Within a short time I've already made so many sweet little friends.

Tonight I received the cutest picture. My little friend Matthew who I work with on Wednesdays gave me this picture to keep and to put on my refrigerator. I am unsure if you remember my first day in Joyland. We discussed being servants to God and the cleaning of feet. His picture says... (just in case you may be unable to read)

I like Alicia
Thank you for liking me Alicia!

Within the picture, he thanks me for painting his feet!



Uh Oh I guess the hubs has a little competition. Ha. But seriously this may be the cutest message ever. I absolutely love what I do and each day am so thankful for the change I made only a few short months ago. God really does have such wonderful plans for us. I am so thankful and look forward to all he has in store.

Love,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails