Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Land Filled w/ Joy and a Gold Medal!

This past Wednesday was my first day to teach in Joyland. I could not have been more excited about the opportunity to work with kindergarten through second grade children. This night's lesson was about being servants to God. Our craft included painting the bottom of our children's feets and making footprints on a towel that read...

"I am God's servant"

We discussed how Jesus washed his disciples feet as we did in our lesson. We discussed what it meant to serve others as well as the importance of serving others. You want to talk about a powerful message. It was such a wonderful time. A time to spend teaching children and a time to learn and grow. I am so thankful for this opportunity. I definitely look forward to each and every Wednesday I am able to spend with these new kiddos as I already have such a special place for them in my heart. I am already signed up to work this next Saturday night:)
...............

Tonight Ray participated in the Richardson Corporate Challenge Dodgeball Competition. After I was finished in Joyland, I received a call from the hubs that PFS had made it into the final game to determine who would be playing in the championship match. I quickly hurried to Sportsview where I made it just in time to watch the final two matches. With great skill, PFS quickly advanced to the final round. In the end PFS was victorious and won Gold!


The Hubs and his Gold Medal

PFS Team Picture: Gold
What a wonderful Wednesday:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails