Saturday, October 2, 2010

Adventures in North Texas!

"Life is uncharted territory. It reveals its story one moment at a time."
- Leo F. Buscaglia

I owe all my greatest adventures to the best travel partner in the world. To a husband that never ceases to amaze me or tells me no:) Enjoy some of our fun activities this beautiful first weekend of October 2010.

Friday night, I was getting over a two week sickness... so what better than a fun movie date night at home with the hubs and pups as well as with yummy McAlisters for dinner.

Saturday was absolute perfection. It was the first day that I have felt like a normal person and not like a bump on a log... coughing, sneezing, and carrying around all types of meds to get me through the day. We woke up at 7:30 compliments to the pups...now that they are no longer in our bed they do like to wake us up a lot earlier... but on a side note... this has been one of the greatest achievements of our time.
Our next desire was to find a super cute donut shop right by our new apartment... we were successful. The lady even hooked us up with some free donut holes. Always a great way to start the morning. We then headed over to Walmart for some much needed essentials and grocery shopping of course. Throughout the move we have actually been so busy that grocery shopping was definitely not on the top of our list, so it is super nice to actually have some good healthy food back in our fridge. After Walmart we decided to take the pups to the lake near the new home and go for a walk. The weather has been absolutely amazing and we couldn't think of anything better to do then to be outside and enjoy it.


At the park with the hubs

Taking the pups on new uncharted pathways

Mattie loved to run to see the ducks. Toby was of course more reserved. No we should be honest, he was terrified. Poor puppy is afraid of feathers in general. I couldn't imagine him with ones that could run at him.


The beautiful lake

After a few miles around the lake, the pups were pooped. So we dropped them off at the apartment and the adults decided to go get some fro yo at Yumilicious in Allen.

It was exactly what we needed. I ordered the cake batter with fresh strawberries while Ray enjoyed the Dolce de Leche with mixed fixings. Again both super great choices.
Now to understand this next portion I may have to give you a bit of background. This past Saturday was the day of the big OU and Texas Game... we are currently without cable. Now this was not a game that would hurt my feelings either way, but I knew it was something that Ray had really wanted to see. So I was so thankful that Yumilicious had great tvs and we did end up catching the last two quarters while watching a victorious ending where OU BTHO Texas. Sorry my Texas friends and fam. An Aggie girls gotta keep to her roots.
...
We then ended our night watching our favorite shows on Hulu and turned into bed early. I gotta say this growing up thing is pretty awesome. I love that we wake up earlier and get to enjoy more of our day together. I love having a new home with new adventures. So here's to the many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails