What an amazing week this has been! We are just a few days in but I am super excited to blog about it. So I left off at this past Saturday, October 9... well as you read Ray definitely had a more interesting day than I did. I will be honest... I have been lagging in the certification department. I of course have attended my classes as I have one final face-to-face class this coming Saturday in Grand Prairie; however, I had a total of 20 online lessons to complete. They range anywhere from 1-3 hours long a piece. I completed 5 online lessons this past Saturday if that tells you what I did ALL day long. Ha. But I am thankful to have them done and I have a total of nine left as well as a content exam... but it is pretty cool to be certified already in one content area! So hopefully the plan is to have my other online courses completed and then begin a dedicated study for my Special Education EC-12 Content Exam. More details will come once I have actually committed to a test date. I'll definitely need some prayers in this area as I have heard it is extremely difficult.
10.10.10 is my lucky day! Sunday, October 10, Ray and I both attended church at the Heights. What a wonderful sermon about finances... the Green Elephant series. Let's just say that this really hit home to us and got us thinking about our futures. A few weeks ago I inquired about working in our church nursery. And in an effort to do something that I am super passionate about and to have a little side job... I emailed the contact and was able to set up an interview for Sunday afternoon at 6PM. But before the interview... Ray and I made our way to Frisco to visit the Dukes for a fun afternoon of Cowboy viewing, candy eating, and wonderful conversation having:) Sorry Duckee if I ate the majority of your Halloween candy. Man those kiddos that trick or treat at your home are very lucky! Ha. Just say I'll have to owe you one... or two... (bags that is:) But as 5:00PM rolled around it was time for us to head back home so I could change for my interview.
What a wonderful meeting. I am pleased to announce that I will be teaching kindergarten to second grade kiddos at the church on Wednesday nights as well as throughout the months during various functions. I could not be more excited. I actually have my first class this upcoming Wed on the 13th. Wish me luck:)
Monday, October 11 Ray and I had a wonderful night at home. We enjoyed our Milk and Cookie Monday Movie Night with the pups.
When we first arrived home we took the pups on a nice walk around our new home. It was such a beautiful afternoon and what could be better. Then the hubs and I put on a movie, enjoyed some yummy chocolate chip cookies and milk, and enjoyed a fun evening with our cute fam of four. Seriously one of my favorite activities. Oh and I had to add another sweet picture of my sweet girl and her Monchichi Monkey.
O-R-A-N-G-E spells ORANGE: In other news, I just had to add this super sweet picture of my niece Olivia and her jack-o-lantern. She is such a big girl and with our Fall activities coming up I thought what a perfect picture for the holiday. So this aunt had to do a little bragging:)
I guess I have finally got us up to date. I wish you all such a wonderful week! More updates to come!
What's Up Wednesday January 2020
6 years ago





I think that's SO awesome you're getting certified. It's something I always think about doing in the future when my kids are in school full time. Also, I looove that you've started teaching at church!!!! I started watching the 2yo then later the infants at our church 3 years ago. I cannot tell you how much joy it brings me. I've met SO many new friends too from doing it. Life has gotten a bit busy this year so now I just sub here and there. I have found that being involved in my church in those ways have helped me grow so much spiritually and as a person. Ahh I'm getting a little deep sorry. Anyway, grate post as always :)
ReplyDeleteGreat* post
ReplyDelete