Monday, July 5, 2010

Fun 4th, Apartment Search, Pool Days, & Pup Pics!

What an amazing and whirlwind of a weekend! Our days consisted of fun and relaxing family time, apartment searching, much needed hair cuts, a very special church service, game time with sweet friends, a very heated running attempt, and a lazy day by the pool! Enjoy some of our sweet moments this July 4th holiday!

Love the Zellners & Pups!



The Friday night weather kept us in for the most part as we enjoyed another quiet night at home with the pups. More dinner and a movie time with the fam!

Saturday we were a bit more adventurous as we decided to stay in town and apartment search. Our travels took us all the way up to McKinney (you heard me right... McKinney) and parts of Plano in hopes to find our new home for next year. Our lease will end this September and we wanted to know if moving would be in our future... and after our amazing search this past Saturday we are almost 100% on our decision. We are taking one final look this week at a one bedroom to finalize plans (as a one bedroom had not been available on Saturday). We are both very excited about our new adventure next year and hope that our plan will work out that we may buy a home that following year:) More information will be updated shortly!!!

Our July 4th Church service at the Heights was extremely special. 26 individuals gave their lives to Christ this past Sunday in a combined worship service!

It was a time of prayer, remembrance, and celebration!


The Heights Baptist Church July 4th morning

For lunch, Ray and I met up with a few couples from our ABF class in downtown McKinney for some Mexican Food at Aparichios. The Kiekhoefers were 2 of the 26 individuals who rededicated their lives to Christ. What a special treat to celebrate such a wonderful occasion.

That night we met up with the Goodings & Kiekhoefers for a fun fourth celebration. We made hot dogs and played a few games before heading out to see the Plano fireworks.

Plano, TX Fireworks!

Group pic while watching fireworks!


The Zellners, Goodings, & Keikhoefers... oh my:)

Game Time w/ Quelf!



These are just two of the several random game pictures I took. Ray was a biscuit farmer while I had to find and wear something with a chin strap. So I got a little creative. Shall I say I just took the penalty. 15 minutes of wearing a gift wrap bag over my head was a bit difficult... but the game was tons of fun!


Chase balancing a spoon on his nose!

On Monday, Ray and I decided to go take a run along our old path in Plano. It was a gorgeous day as it hit 96 degrees by noon. So it may not have been the best idea to run in the summer heat, but a run none the less. Here is a picture of Ray getting ready for our 5K... with Mattie at his side!



After our run, we decided to have a lazy day at the pool. Sun tan lotion would have definitely been a great idea. I am now sporting a nice red glow.... Ray calls me his Red Lady Lobster. Ha!


The Hubs & I hanging Poolside!

No Lifeguard on Duty!


I will leave you with one final note... I hope you had such a wonderful July 4th Holiday! I am so excited to hear about all the wonderful memories you made this weekend with those you love.

I just had to add a picture of this little cutie during the July 4th weekend! Happy almost 3rd birthday (July 14, 2010) to our beautiful niece!

Love,
The Zellners

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails