Tuesday, July 20, 2010

5K AMs, Accomplished, & Great News!!!


This morning, the alarm sounded at 6:30AM. The sun had barely peeked over the trees and I was not looking forward to an early AM run. I kept catching myself saying I didn't get enough sleep... I'm too tired to attempt this and so on and so forth. But my husband in his muffled sleeping voice kept telling me how proud he was which did resonate in my head... Finally I forced myself out of bed. I am so happy I had. This morning was great. Even though it has been over a year since one of our races and I am honestly not in the shape I used to be... it is so motivating to see how many individuals from our honeymooners class will be running the White Rock Marathon and Half for Team World Vision.

This morning I only ran about a good two plus miles... I'm hoping that one of these days I can find a path by our apartment that is a little more accurate for a 5K. Regardless I am proud. This morning felt great... don't get me wrong. I was completely out of breath and my face looked like a ripened tomato but no stitches or pains which has always been the worst part for me. Plus I even got proposed to! Some random guy on a bicycle (older gentleman) told me he was proud and I was doing a great job. He said I looked beautiful and asked if I would marry him. Then he questioned me if I was dating anyone. I kindly told the man I was married but thanked him for the compliment and went on my marry way... looking so incredibly "beautiful" with sweat covering my face which happened to be that glowing red I previously mentioned. Ha! But all in all a great start to the morning.

So I will leave you with this... I would love to say that I will be so incredibly motivated and go running 3-4 mornings out of the week... but lets be real. I am just so excited about getting back into great shape and helping such an amazing cause. More posts will be coming shortly to keep you updated on our running status. Only 137 days left until the race.



For more information on the Dallas White Rock Marathon, Half Marathon, and relay races click here. Be sure to sign up for early registration. Cut off for early registration is September 30, 2010.


Morning's Accomplishments:

1. Morning Run: Practice for Dallas White Rock 1/2 Marathon: Race Day December 5, 2010
2. Get further information about the Alt Cert Program: Sent in official transcripts... Program is officially underway.
2. Emailed contact for Circle of Friends: Engage Opportunity through The Heights.
3. Required Apartment information for new apartments has been sent... move out date Sept 24, 2010. We're moving to McKinney!
4. Reviewed points card... every mile helps us get closer and closer to our trip next year.
5. Emailed contact for Joyland so we may serve within the church.

This week has already been such a great week (minus a broken camera... boo:( but a lot of small details have officially been taken care of to meet our current goals. I am so excited and look forward to many more posts and updates:)


Well you've heard him correctly... we have great news here!

1. Friday, Ryan lost his job. Monday he starts a better one!
2. This Holiday Ryan, Farrah, and this little cutie...



will be joining us for Christmas!

I am so amazed at how perfect God's timing is. God is the author of our stories. I am so thankful for the story he has written for us:)

3 comments:

  1. WOW! ALicia I am so proud of you and of course I only wish i had the mind set to do the things you do.So proud of yoou keep it up.You will actually have to read my blog today because I have set a goal for myself.Love you and have a wonderful week..

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO Just want you to know that God works in so many ways and can't wait to see you guys as well. God has blessed my with such a great in law family and just thnak him everyday for everything he puts in our paths. Love you so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed love! I am so thankful for you all.. especially my lovely ladies:) God truly is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails