Weekend Wrap Up: First Days of Spring!This weekend was definitely filled with unexpected events!
This past weekend we were going to head to Oklahoma for a fun birthday bash in OK City with friends; however, a few minor mishaps changed our plans. One major issue...My poor Pontiac is on its last leg. Friday, as I tried to travel home for the weekend, my car had other plans. Many of my great co-workers came to my rescue but again she was not budging. I won't hear back until Monday afternoon for the status of my car... but again keeping my fingers crossed she's got a few more good years in there. This would not be a great time to have to let her go. I will say this... I am very thankful this happened at work this time and not on the freeway as usual. So with funds on our mind, we decided to stay home from our trip and pick up the pups from the pet center they had been at and had a cozy evening at home. It was said to snow this weekend... and again with the first day of Spring around the corner... I couldn't imagine another snow covered Dallas day this winter...
But boy was I about to be wrong! On Saturday, Ray and I decided that we needed a date night... just the two of us. So we decided to go see Alice in Wonderland! And yes Ray finally got to see a movie in 3D. He was in love:)

Ray and I with our snazzy 3D glasses:)

On our way home from the theater it began to snow! And this is what we woke up to on Sunday morning! Welcome the first days of Spring!



While many of this past weekend's events were unexpected... I will say that I had an amazing time with my cute little fam of four! I think sometimes we are reminded that we need to rest and enjoy all that we are given and not to take these special moments for granted. I wish you all a very wonderful start to your week and enjoy all the moments given... even if they may be unexpected:)
Love,
Alicia

No comments:
Post a Comment