Friday, February 12, 2010

Ice Ice Baby


This truly has been such an amazing winter! This past Thursday we woke up to a beautiful blanket of wonderful white snow!


Winter Morning No...?!?! with my hubs!







It was said on the news to expect anywhere from 4-8 inches by the end of the day Thursday and to expect dropping temps until the following day... but more importantly to expect ICE come Friday Morning!

Snow Fall in Uptown!
(pictures taken from the patio at work)





Picture taken before lunch on Thursday! Wow almost 4 inches and the snow does NOT look like it's stopping anytime soon!

All day I watched the snow fall from the windows at work... and all I could think of was coming home to my little fam of four and enjoying more time in the snow!










Meet Mr. Tie Guy Snowman or Frosty Zellner as Ray calls him! Boy was it freezing but we loved every moment of it:)


After a night in the snow... we celebrated a great date night! Pizza, movies, and cuddling up on a cold winter night with my hubs:)

The next morning...
Well it certainly delivered. News reported almost a foot of snow surrounding the DFW area and lots of ICE! Work had been canceled and we celebrated a 3-day weekend:)















...only in Texas! ha!

I'll be honest.... I absolutely love our time in the snow... I just hate the idea of driving in it. After several consistent days in the 30's, I am soooo ready for summer to come! Also a little side note... It was said that on this day... Thursday that all 50 states had snow! Is this crazy or what?!?!

Love,
Alicia

3 comments:

  1. Yay, snow!! We had so much fun in the snow too! Can't wait to see you tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had snow as well in alabama and Olivia actually loved it this time she played out in the snow for about 30 min throwing snow and making snow angels and everything it was so great!!!Glad you had such a great weekend!!Love you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails