Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tidbit Tuesday: I Don't Want to Grow Up!

I don't wanna grow up,
I'm a Toys 'R Us Kid,
There's a million toys at Toys 'R Us,
That I can play with...


Have you ever thought back to when you were a child and first started to wonder how life would be when you were older? This week I've really been thinking about my younger years and how I thought my life would be... where I would be... what I'd be doing...

It's honestly all too crazy how quickly time does fly. Well when you are younger it seems like 10 days can equate to 10 years... but as you age and reflect back it all seems like yesterday. I thought for this Tidbit Tuesday it would be fun to reflect on what I used to believe and long for vs now for what I see in the future.

The Past:
1. I would live in Sugar Land near my folks
2. I would drive a teal pick up truck
3. I would attend Texas A&M University
4. I would be a child counselor, psychologist, or vet
5. I would be married and have my first child at age 25
6. I would have 4 children: Boy, girl, girl, boy
7. I wanted to write a children's book and be a novelist on the side
8. I wanted a house in the country with a porch that rapped all the way around
9. I wanted a husky puppy; I never imagined having two dogs at one time
10. I believed that the perfect age would be 27; You would still be young enough to party but old enough to be taken seriously as a professional
11. I never thought about the possibility of being a stay at home mom
12. I would be a world renowned traveler and visit every state in the United States as well as travel abroad
13. I would live in Colorado at some point in my life with my family
14. I would retire early
15. My children would also attend Texas A&M

The Present:
1. I would love a house within the next 2 years and live in a suburb of Dallas (preferably McKinney, Allen, or Plano)
2. I would love to start a family
3. I would love to have 2 children (at least)
4. I would love to work close to home or remote at home
5. I do love working in HR and plan to stay in that field
6. I would eventually love to own my own event planning business
7. I want to travel. The next current locations include: Florida, Washington DC, Mexico, Chicago, etc
8. I want to raise my family around those that love them... may it be our family or best friends from college. I can't wait to grow old with them
9. I want to do a mission trip through the Heights Baptist Church
10. Again I want to retire early;)

It is amazing to think of the past and of all that we hoped for our futures. I will say that time does change us as well as our hearts. I am so thankful that all God has provided for me and understand that again it is not all in my time... it's in HIS! However, until that time it is fun to dream and to reflect!

What are some of your reflections? What are some of your dreams for the future?

Love,
Alicia

1 comment:

  1. *Cough McKinney Cough*
    We're still game about scaring our neighbors away so you can have the house!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails