So I am excited to say that my brother and his girlfriend will be coming into town this Easter. I am absolutely so very excited to have family time and to share in such a wonderful holiday! Then it hit me... more Easter baskets!!!!So I got to thinking about cute ideas and thought you might have some fun thoughts... what fun goodies and treats will you fill your Easter basket up with?
This is what Ray and I have done in the past:
- Easter eggs filled with candy including chocolate, the ever yummy cadberry egg (I prefer the caramel ones), peeps, etc
- Chocolate shape crosses, bunnies, eggs
- Wine
- Strawberries
- Cookies
- Stuffed Animals- Bunnies (Toby always thinks its his new toy)
- Egg Timer (it was too cute!)
Since moving to Dallas, Ray and I have usually shared a special Easter celebration together. We attend Church service at The Heights and then will typically share in some very fun yet random spring activity. Our first Easter we each gave Easter baskets and then went Kite flying in the park. We flew Dora the Explorer and Spiderman Kites. Oh it brought me back to childhood. The day was so great... until it got windy. Needless to say, our kites ended up in their resting spot stuck in a tree for quite awhile after. Last year Ray and I decided to host an egg scavenger hunt just the two of us and then do one for the pups. It definitely did NOT go as we had planned as the dogs were honestly too excited to find the treats... they wanted us to just give them the treats... so they would sit and lay down then jump around... it was quite hilarious but definitely memorable:)
Right after Easter we took a trip to Alabama and had a late Easter bash with my brother-in-law, sister-in-law and sweet little niece, Olivia. We bought her a cute little Easter egg basket, eggs filled with candy, and an Elmo stuffed animal plus cute little Bunny ears to wear. She wasn't too sure about the ears but had a blast with the bright plastic eggs. When she found out there was something in them... she just couldn't resist! I've included a few pictures from last year:)




well we havent bought olivias easter basket yet that is all tomorrow night. But my youth group builds there own crosses and we walk a mile at sunrise every easter and the impact that we get from drivers passing by is amazing. They stop and watch, pray and some even cry.. It's awsome thins to do and so wonderful to remember...Happy easter
ReplyDelete