Monday, January 10, 2011

Lately!



I absolutely love New Year! It is a time for self reflection and to make any revisions in your life... big or small... and while this can be done any time of year it is nice to have a definitive starting point:) One of my goals this year is to continue blogging and to make more blog friends, write more comments to my fellow bloggers, and to document more of the random happenings in our lives. It has really been difficult to be apart from so many of our family members. Blogging has been such a wonderful way to keep in touch.

So to keep the ball rolling for this new year I wanted to update those on what's been going on lately with the Zellners... new tips... comments... etc

1. As per previous posts... we had our first snowfall of the new year.
2. Spatulas double as ice scrapers and are more preferred
3. I met up with Jennifer, a great friend from high school, for dinner at Blue Goose this past Thursday
3. Ray and I had dinner with the Fants and baby Bryson tonight
4. Ray began his winter Frisbee league this past Saturday and will continue each Saturday until March
5. While I should have already began to study for my special education content exam that will be starting this week as I will sign up for the test shortly
6. For the month of January... each Monday Dickies BBQ offers $1 pulled pork sandwiches with $1 sides
7. Toby and Mattie prefer their green squeaky toys to their blue. Aren't dogs color blind?
8. I call the pups Boo Boo and Moo Moo... wow I have become such a horrible "baby talker" and sadly sometimes refer to the dogs as the kids
9. I still walk 3 times per week with a lady from work
10. If you aren't aware I have given up desserts this year except for once a month to indulge. It is the 10th and I have already had mine for January so I'll let you know how it goes:)
11. I have realized during this cold snap that I do not truthfully own closed toed shoes... except for my running shoes...which is sadly a bad idea due to these ridiculous temps.
12. I dislike socks with a passion. Could be the reason for number 11
13. I do not drive in ice... My wonderful husband drove me to work this morning as I continued to wake up during the night having fears that my car would end up in a ditch due to the ice and snow on the roads for yesterday's freak storm.
14. Yep still addicted to chapstick. I would not be looking for this to fall under any new year's resolutions or to discontinue anytime soon.
15. This week is college week at school! WHOOP to my AGGIES! I love wearing that beautiful maroon with jeans all week:)
16. Tonight's dinner of red beans and rice actually surprised me... it was super tasty. My husband is an amazing cook!
17. I ordered 4 boxes of girl scout cookies today... thin mints for me and samoas for the hubs
18. I am getting my hair did again this Saturday and having a girl day with my good friend Jes from work
19. 9 weeks until Spring Break
20. I am looking forward to teaching Summer School as a Teacher then having my first official year next year Teaching:) So gotta get my portfolio together and get the process started:)

I guess that's about it for this lady for now. What fun things are u up to lately?!?!

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I feel the same way about the new year, and that's such a good idea about the spatulas. I didn't know it was girl scout cookie time! I hope to find some soon. That's so sweet of your husband to drive you. It's safer if you're not confident about doing it on your own. You need boots! Maybe you could wear them with mid length panty hose instead of socks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that you would be teaching summer school this summer as a teacher and ready to start next year!!! That's SOOO EXCITING!! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm hoping to teach summer school as a full time teacher. This is definitely easier said then done, but keeping my fingers crossed. Anyway I'll have to let you know

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teaching summer school is such a smart idea!! This will be my first summer not to teach it. It stinks for a little while to have to work in the summer, but when you get that extra money on top of your normal paycheck, you will know it was totally worth it. I'm excited that you will be having your own classroom next year. Where are you going to apply??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails