Friday, December 22, 2017

Liam's Love Bite 2017

While this is absolutely a memory I do not want to remember, it is definitely a moment I will never forget. This fall our little boy got a terrible bite on his face. I hate to admit that our pup was the culprit and the reason was because he wanted to love and hug on her. Sadly she was not a fan and reacted in a way that I never expected. I am thankful that we had our sweet Ogle friends present to help us and to better give us an opportunity to get little man taken care of.


Instagram: "Unexpected moments can lead to lots of heartache. But I am thankful for sweet friends, prayers, and a brave little boy, and a God that is our healer. Thankful for laughs and giggles to remind us he is ok!"

Our Ogle friends were at our house to enjoy dinner and a big girl bike ride, but quickly our plans changed. As our child seats were being washed, Erin suggested driving Liam and I to the local ER Urgent Care. Once in the room and we discussed our options, I learned that Liam would need stitches. They discussed how dog mouths and teeth can cause lots of infection. One thing mommy learned is that I do not handle needles well. I am very thankful for my sweet friend to help during this time while mommy was an absolute wreck. I'm so thankful Liam was of course upset about the happenings to his face, quickly gave us lots of big smiles and giggles. It definitely was what mommy needed during this difficult time.

"Our brave little boy may be all smiles, but this heart broken mama did not enjoy our first trip to ER Urgent care for little boy's first stitches. A dog bite to the face is never an expected thing, especially when it's your own dog."

For a week, Ray and I have been switching off staying home with Liam. As the doctors feared he may develop staph as well as wanted him to be clear from germs until his face began to heal, it was important that we kept him home. I definitely enjoyed the snuggles and cuddles of this week, but kept a close eye on those little cuts. As we learned from big sister, mommy doesn't play with staph/mersa.


After about a week, little man's stitch was out and he was officially on the mend. It definitely would be a slow process but a healing one indeed. Little man was a good little champ during this time. Thankful he was ok as this could have been so much worse. Now with Mattie, we are trying to keep them separated but are still looking for a new home. While it breaks our hearts for what happened, we want to ensure our little man is safe. We love you sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails