Thursday, October 10, 2013

Happy Birthday Aubrey Rose

Saying "We are absolutely in love with our daughter," would be the biggest understatement in the world. God has truly blessed us with the most amazing miracle and we are continually reminded by these blessings through her love and all the family and friends that surround us. I can't stop staring at her beautiful face. 10 sweet fingers and toes with mommy's double chin and sweet button nose. Her eyes are of course a sweet blue, her head full of dark hair, and she has daddy's long fingers and toes. Our little monkey has the sweetest little cries. I surely don't want to miss a moment. So while mommy and daddy are running on fumes, here is a recount of baby Aubrey's birthday. So please help us welcome our daughter to the world. May she just be a reminder to all that God is forever faithful and surely is in the blessing business.

Her due date had come and gone. Honestly I was a bit discouraged as we had been told she would most likely be making her debut earlier in the week. I stopped working a few days before and we had family and friends on red alert for the upcoming weekend. I actually had a field trip planned with my first graders for Thursday and just knew this baby body wasn't going to make it walking to the fire station a few blocks away. So while at home we made many plans to keep my mind and body as calm as possible. The days were filled with relaxing moments, mommy and daddy dates, fall activities, and  birthday celebrations. When Sunday arrived... her official due date, I had great intentions of fall baking and relaxing. I even sent Ray on a trip to Kroger to purchase all of my baking supplies. Even though we had plans, my heart wasn't into it. I'm unsure if it was a bit of sadness or simply feeling badly and a bit overwhelmed or maybe all of it, but spent most of the day in bed. This worked to my advantage as 3:30AM had come and my contractions began. Now I'll be honest. This entire pregnancy I was terrified that my water would brake. I just knew that some morning my water would brake in front of my first graders and I would never let down that Mrs. Zellner pottied herself. Ha. As time grew closer and I hadn't really felt too many contractions, I prayed for my water to brake. I was so afraid that I would wait too long or go to the hospital before it was time. Right before 3:00 AM I said a small prayer about the birth of our little girl. I think I felt a bit guilty and selfish as I truly wanted her in my timing. I said Lord I give it to you and told Auby that mommy and daddy were ready when she was and went back to sleep. Then as contractions began I realized that this might actually be it. Over the past few days I had only had maybe one or two a day. And by 5AM, these were strong and coming every 7-10 minutes. I think I was a bit in denial. I kept hoping my water would break so we could just make our way to the hospital. I knew in my heart that this was it, but due to our Friday's hospital visit, I didn't want to be wrong. By 7AM, I woke up Ray and told him that I wanted to go to the hospital and "check."

So in an effort to make sure that I was "really in labor," I made the husband drive around and wait until our doctor's office opened so that they could tell us to make our way to the hospital. At 8:30AM we spoke to the doctor's office and were quickly told to make our way to the hospital. We were actually sitting in the hospital parking lot at this moment. I just needed to be reassured. Moments later, I was checked and was 100% effaced and dilated to a  6. The most beautiful words were spoken and it was said that we were going to have a baby today. I honestly couldn't believe that we were going to be holding our daughter that day and it all happened so incredibly fast. I mean October 7th seemed like a great day to have a baby... plus 7 is my favorite and lucky number:) Families were immediately called. I made my way to the delivery room. The anesthesiologist gave me details about my much requested epidural. While I can't say it didn't hurt and after being stuck several times plus she commented how she kept hitting my bone, all was well and I felt fantastic. At one point, I asked if I could be turned over as my right side of my face felt as though it was falling and I was quickly feeling a little too good. While we waited, I took many naps and in between kept talking to Ray about this pregnancy process and how truly amazed we were. Here is our last picture as a family of two.

At 3PM, I was officially ready to push. I pushed for about an hour and a half then I heard the most beautiful cry. The hour that followed her birth and the moments right before are memories that I will hold for a lifetime. Tears of every emotion poured from my body. Our little girl had finally arrived. The next hours were a blur of doctors and nurses. Our attention was completely consumed by this beautiful baby born at 4:23PM. 7 pounds 8 ounces and 20 inches long of pure perfection.


I could not be more thankful for my husband. He was my biggest cheerleader and seriously cared for my every need. I think my facebook status said it perfectly, "I have never seen my husband more attractive than when he is singing The Itsy Bitsy Spider and Disney songs to our daughter at all hours of the night. He is truly my hero!"
We are so in love. The next few posts will give details about the hospital and special visits. So get ready as we do for our ride into parenthood and our exciting first days with Miss Aubrey.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a blessing <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! We truly are so in love with this little girl. Wishing you many blessings girl. Love reading about your sweet family as well:)

      Delete
  2. I think Ray explained it best when he said "Mommy and Baby are doing fine. Daddy cannot stop crying."

    Aubrey is a very lucky little lady to have you both as her parents. (and of course us as her Oma and Opa)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! Welcome to parenthood - life will never be that same! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails