Wednesday, October 16, 2013

My Daughter, My Teacher

As a teacher, I was so excited (and still am) about all the wonderful things that I teach my students. But the other night or really the morning (as my days and nights are easily confused due to pumping and naps), I realized that already my daughter in her seven days of life so far has taught me more than I could have imagined. So this post (as it is written at 4 in the morning, is a recount of some of the things that I have learned this week. My daughter is my teacher.
  

1. I learned a new sense of love that I had never experienced before... Love for my daughter and while I absolutely loved my husband, I have found a stronger love connection for him as a father as well. 
2. My life takes place in 3 hour segments.
3. I have cried tears of joy for beautiful baby smiles.
4. There is nothing sweeter than baby toes and fingers.
5. I've learned to become a night owl or shall I say I'm learning.
6. I have mixed up my AM and PMs wondering why it is dark at 9AM? I have not sense of time.
7. Taking 6 pills at a time is my new normal.
8. I am really good at accomplishing goals/tasks one-handed.
9. Pumping leads to lots of bloggable updates.
10. It is absolutely normal in our house for a sheep to make whale noises. It is our daughter's favorite.
11. Mattie thinks Aubrey is her baby and wants to be everywhere that she is.
12. Laundry is not just a daily to do, but a multiple times a day to do.
13. Baby snuggles couldn't be more sweet.
14 Wipes are good for everything.
15. It is amazing what you can fit in a diaper bag. I still find myself forgetting things.
16. While my poor daughter hates bath time, it is one of my favorite activities... book, bath, and bed.
17. Aubrey loves her swing and it is currently the only place she sleeps away from us.
18. Mattie has gotten more use of Aubrey's boppy than she has.
19. I will not apologize for being the mother I want to be.
20. I love my daughter's squishy and poop faces. I could just look at her all day.
I truly do love this baby girl beyond belief. And while there will be challenges that we will face, I am very excited about being a mama and thankful for a husband that does so much. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog! Brought tears to my eyes. So sweet!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails