Friday, October 11, 2013

Day Two: Hospital Stay

Our first night with our little miss was a bit rough. Poor lady was having difficulties eating and sleeping. I mean her entire world as she knew it had completely changed. And while we were fully exhausted, I will have to say that our snuggles made everything absolutely worth it. For hours I held her in my arms and just stared at her beautiful face. Ray of course was amazing and cared for our every need. I truly know that God knew our hearts when he gave us our daughter this pregnancy. I could not imagine our family any other way at this time in our lives.


So after a night full of baby cries, nurse visits (I loved our nurse:), tests, a few fainting attempts, and very little sleep, the time quickly passed and it was time to begin our second day at the hospital (technically first as they begin the count when baby girl was born). Here is a list of day two hospital activities and of course a picture post to follow.

- poor daddy was under the weather due to lack of sleep
- 6AM, Ray picked up the dogs and took them to doggy daycare for the week.
- Lots of nurse visits and tests run on Aubrey
- Had our first visit by our pediatrician
- Family visitors and cuddle time
- Enjoyed my second sweet tea:)
- Was checked out by the doctor and told that we may go home. This was a huge surprise as I was ready to have our friends come to visit
- Took our first ride as a family of three 
- Welcomed our sweet baby girl to our house
- Received the sweetest welcome from a best friend
- Enjoyed a pizza party with family and more cuddle time with Aubrey
- Had our first night at home as a family of three

Loving on my baby girl
Mama and Baby Security Bands: Hugs and Kisses
Matched since birth:)
 My two loves
Welcoming baby girl- Thanks Michael:)
Poor little lady was not happy
Snuggle time with daddy
Our first night at home

Aubrey is truly a miracle and as we've been told a thousand times, has changed our lives forever. There is a new love that I could not have ever imagined but am happier than I ever have been. I'm so thankful for this next step and thank God for entrusting this sweet lady to us. While I know that there will be challenges, lack of sleep, and things that will be out of my control, but I'm ready. Here's to parenthood and to adventures. Here's to spending each day giving thanks for these blessings received and for those given.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails