Talk about a melt your heart moment that I couldn't pass up on writing about. On Wednesday, our Fantlet friends came to visit Miss Aubrey. I couldn't have been more excited to share her with our sweet friends and of course the three Fantlet kiddos. I'd love to say that little miss was on her best behavior but sadly was not having a great afternoon. Poor girl really was exhausted and sadly hadn't gotten much food due to latching issues. I myself was a bit of a hot mess. When our friends came in, Bryson had the most adorable handmade picture for Aubrey. It was a picture of a swaddled baby and had her name written on it. He couldn't wait to give it to her and give her a big hug and kiss. In the sweetest and quietest voice, he would say, "baby Aubrey... baby Aubrey." Then bend down and give her kisses. Seriously melt your heart. Here is the conversation that followed.
Bryson: Where is your kid?
Me: She's right here sweetheart.
Bryson: No her big brother.
Me: Sorry sweety. She doesn't have a big brother. If we do have a big brother later, will you be good friends with him?
Bryson: Yes!
Me: Are you going to be friends with Aubrey?
Bryson: Yes. I love Aubrey.
Then he sat down, put his head on my shoulder, and asked if we could look at pictures on my phone of her. I definitely cried like a baby about it. I see a marriage in the making:)

No comments:
Post a Comment