Sunday, February 27, 2011

Get'n Down in Cowtown!

Sunday morning after a quick stop for Starbucks drinks, Kristin, the little man, and I were all packed in the car and ready to leave for Fort Worth, TX to see our husbands complete their third Cowtown Half Marathon.

To be honest we had gotten a little turned around and with constant road blocks in our way it seemed as though we might not see the boys cross the finish line. But upon our arrival we realized there was time to spare and watched both Ray and Michael cross with a time of two hours and five minutes. We were so very proud! For Ray, this officially makes 4 half marathons and 2 full marathon races completed!

Enjoy some pictures from the race day!





After the race, we said our good-byes to the Fants and quickly began to search for lunch options. We had first discussed IHOP as that was our previous year's lunch road trip, but began to throw out other options until Rosas was brought up. Ray quickly searched google maps for food and after the first location had been a bit of a bust I was ready to throw in the towel, but not my husband. He found us a Rosas!



Many of you may not understand my ridiculous love for Rosas tacos or for their homemade tortillas but oh my goodness it is so incredibly tasty. In college Ray and I would enjoy their Taco Tuesday special quite a bit... it really just brought me back and was such a fun way to celebrate!!!

What an exciting race day... a race above 30/40 degrees (it was actually in the 60s) and a tradition that keeps going strong. Here's to completing the 5 year star! Happy Race Day Runners & their favorite supports:)

6 comments:

  1. Is that picture of Ray giving you a big sweaty hug after his run? Ewwwwe haha. Ya'll are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know me! But I know Katy Link! I subbed for her a couple of times a couple of years ago, and she did pictures for my hubby and I! I love reading your blog! :) Good luck with your certification! I am certified in Science, but trying to find a job...I love Rosa's too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Ray and Michael. I couldn't even walk half of a half much less run it. Little Bryson is getting big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Alicia for completing her exam. I know she did great!! Enjoy your first evening without having to study!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much for your fun comments. Tammy yes that was a super sweaty hug but of course totally worth it. I was super proud of my man for another half completed! Thanks mom for all your wonderful encouragement. Brandi it is so nice to meet you. Thank you for your kind words and good luck with the search. I know the edu field is difficult right now but I'm sure things will turn up:) and yes YAY for Rosas:) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the doggies btw! We have a sweet Beagle!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails