A few weeks ago, the husband and I enjoyed a nice early Heart Day at home with the pups. While Valentine's fell on a Monday this year we decided to spend time together and as a fun treat we would make our very own homemade red velvet cake.

Boy was it super yummy. The cake did turn out to be more of a pink cake then red, but oh how it tasted delicious all the same. For a small gift Ray also surprised me with a blue Snuggie. To be honest I had never really been on board the Snuggie train in the past until I tried my first one at the Duke's home for Super Bowl Sunday and absolutely fell in love. But as the picture shows... the dogs may actually love it more than I do! Are they not absolutely precious together?!?!

I absolutely love our church home. We have honestly been visiting since we were in college but ultimately made it a priority over a year ago when we first got married. Soon after we joined the Honeymooners Adult Bible Fellowship (ABF) and have loved every moment. Currently we are serving in Joyland and working with 3 year olds. I love seeing God work in their lives and it absolutely melts my heart for the kiddos to sing Jesus loves me!

On Wednesday nights and other nights throughout the month, I work in Childcare services at the church assisting in a nightly bible study and lesson for kindergarten through second grade. I love all the fun crafts and all the wonderful time spent with the kids. Here are a few pieces of artwork done last week for me. The little girl thought my name was Alexa:) still so cute!

Last Thursday, Ray and I had the opportunity to visit with the Dukes and even got to see baby Jacob. He is such a beautiful baby and is growing so much. I absolutely love that he looks like Adam and has Steph's adorable nose. Over the next few months, I cannot wait to hear about/see his progress as I know he will continue to get stronger and become a super big boy. Here is a picture that Steph sent of baby Jacob in his big boy bed. He is such a beautiful baby boy! I can't wait for his welcome home.
That night we also enjoyed some delicious dinner at Chuys. Yum and who could turn down free queso. Not this lady for sure:)
Anyway, it was such a wonderful time to catch up with the new parents. I seriously can't believe that baby boy Jacob is officially one month old today. Congrats!
A few Sundays ago, Ray and I had both gotten up late that morning and realized we would have missed part of the service. In a means to enjoy an afternoon with God and to spend time together we put together a picnic and discussed his word and works in the park in downtown Plano. The weather had been beautiful that week so I absolutely could not wait to spend a day outside. Well the pictures do not fully show it, the weather had been extremely windy and overcast so we enjoyed the majority of our time and then quickly went back to the car. After lunch we then grabbed a few Starbucks drinks and went for a drive to look at homes. It was an absolutely perfect Sunday!



No comments:
Post a Comment