As most schools within the DFW area, Plano ISD was also closed due to ice and winter mix. I was so excited to have another wonderful day with my little fam and what a fun time to have a snow day! All I wanted to do was enjoy my time relaxing in my pjs and cuddling with these sweet faces.

I am so thankful that Ray will be working nights these next two weeks as it gave me a wonderful chance to spend more time with him on my day off. Around noon after some breakfast and an early afternoon play time with the pups, we determined that we had to enjoy some time outside in the snow of course...

I am so thankful that Ray will be working nights these next two weeks as it gave me a wonderful chance to spend more time with him on my day off. Around noon after some breakfast and an early afternoon play time with the pups, we determined that we had to enjoy some time outside in the snow of course...
This is our beautiful view from our balcony
The Hubs and I then got ready and put on our "snow gear." Basically I put on anything that would keep me warm. And as you can tell matching wasn't something that I really paid too much attention to:) ha!

As we made our way outside, we then realized that beautiful white powder was not what laid at our feet but solid ice. To be honest, I am not a fan and with temperatures at around 17 degrees this was not something that I wanted to just slide around in. So we took the pups outside for a quick stroll around the apartment and would quickly return as soon as possible.
Once outside... we slid everywhere. Mattie as you can see did not like her feet getting wet and quickly opted for mama to carry her. Look at the parking space... it was solid ice!

Zellner's Frozen Facies!
Back inside Ray and I decided to warm ourselves up by making hot chocolate with lots of marshmellows and some sweet cookie treats.
As we baked, we enjoyed a little Coldplay on the radio.
Coldplay... warm heart!
We definitely enjoyed our unexpected snow day at home. Hours later I received word that schools would be closed for an additional day! Snow Day Continued until tomorrow! What fun activities will tomorrow bring I wonder? How did you enjoy your snow day at home?








No comments:
Post a Comment