
At 4Am in the morning, my husband woke me during his night shift to show me the beautiful white snow that fell the night before. I absolutely couldn't wait for our opportunity to go outside and enjoy a fun play date in the snow. Here are a few pictures of our outing. Wishing you all a very happy Friday and snow day to all of North Dallas!

At 8AM in the morning, the hubs and I took out the pups to enjoy a very short time in the snow. While both puppies seemed to enjoy it... there were times that poor Mattie was completely covered. After a few minutes we sent the furbabes back inside and the hubs and I stayed out for a very cold play date in the snow.


We took a walk around the apartment. Absolutely everything had been covered by gorgeous white powder... including that solid ice I spoke of a few days ago which easily lead to a faceplant and slip straight to the ground. After the hubs took a picture he then was a gentleman and helped me up. But boy was it cold. I had literally said moments before... I hate ice because it's so slippery. I guess it proved me right:) Ha!


Over the past few days during this crazy four day ice and snow storm, Ray and I have made some pretty tasty snacks/meals including ministrone soup, cheesy enchiladas, cookies, hot chocolate, and waffles for our snow morning breakfast.

Now we are enjoying our time at home... virtually unable to leave at this point as we watched countless cars try to make it up the hill as most were unsuccessful. So as of now we are relaxing, I am blogging with a side of studying, watching some tv while Ray rests... then more relaxing! You know I could get used to this:) ... just as long as we could get out of the apartment every now and then.

I think that I could get used to this too...again, as long as we could get out every now and then! I can't believe we've had to postpone our date night TWICE now! After being out in it today, though, I would hate yall driving to Allen or us driving to McKinney. The roads were fine for us because we only went in a 2 mile radius of our apt, but anything more would be really treacherous. At least we can have lunch on Sunday, and maybe do our date night the weekend of Feb. 18th or 19th (Fri and Sat)? Michel has both of those days off :) We'll make it work at some point though!!
ReplyDelete