At 4:30PM our kids were able to come and enjoy some of the carnival activites. We were one of the first to ride on the train and even see the petting zoo.

Jess and I at the Hedgcoxe County Fair 2010

2 punches on the card for a Dr. Pepper product.
We were located in between the Dip and Dots and the Cotton Candy at the entrance of the school. Needless to say we didn't get as many visitors... but who could blame them as dip and dots and cotton candy would definitely be a better choice. So with sugary candy floating in the air... I let the group working the cotton candy stand know that I would be a preferred taste tester if they needed me to. I mean... I definitely was doing it for the children of course;) They were nice to allow me to do so:)
Nurse key was also stationed near our stand. So of course we had to take a picture with our fav nurse and computer lady.

Me, Nurse Key, Bartle, and Jess
At 7PM we were off duty and enjoyed some of our own time at the fair. Jess' husband and son as well as Ray met us to enjoy some fair funtivities.

Fun Fair Food
Cake Walk
Jousting with Emma Wallace (my teacher's daughter)
I lost to a fifth grader:(
Saturday Day In-Door Camp Out
Our lazy Saturday included a day filled with movies, sleeping bags, tasty smores, and a relaxing day with my favorite family of four.

Our tasty smore creations
Our wonderful ingredients
Breakfast Bagels
Sunday Morning it was our turn to bring in breakfast to our ABF at church. We brought an assortment of mini breakfast bagels and boy were they yummy... but we may have bought a few too many.
We wish you so many wonderful blessings on your new little addition... Miss Harley Raider Gathings. We wish you luck on all of your new adventures and know that God has such wonderful plans for this little girl.
We enjoyed an amazing afternoon of sweet conversation, tasty treats, exciting games, and fun with friends. Enjoy some of the pictures from the shower.

Sweet baby shower cake (matches the bedding... too cute:)
The Zellners with the proud parents-to-be:)
Sally, Baby Harley, and me
I am so thankful for you. I just know God put you in my life for so many wonderful reasons. You definitely helped me get through a lot of interesting times at the old office but more importantly are my partner in crime and a great friend. (I still don't understand why it was supposedly inappropriate to roll the balls across the room or during our crazy days use them to bounce on... just saying) Ha. Thank you for the past two years. I am so thankful for you and so excited for all the moments to come. Congrats again!
After baby Harley's shower, both Ray and I returned home as I was to head back up to the church to work in Joyland. I love my random Sundays at the Church as many of my same kiddos that attend Wednesday nights are also there during this extended time as well. One of my sweet girls drew me this picture. Little Miss Olivia is super talented... plus she can definitely take you on in a game of fooseball.
This is the book that two children made for me. It is absolutely hilarious. Really I just love the thought process and the spelling. So I will write it down for you... spelling and all. Enjoy.
To understand the story... you must first understand that I was put in jail. Then this is what transpired. Again this is a conversation between two kiddos (first graders) to me.
MY BOOK
-Free git out of jale
-Get Back in Jail
-Throw away jaile prson
-No Don't
-Free dont fallow the rules
-follow the roils
-sorry to jaile prson
-in jail until 20 days
-no wishes (suddenly one of the other kids turned into a magic genie to grant me three wishes)
-3 wishis ticit (ticket) PS. Poof
-o no the poles (police) got you
-I got you haaaa
-one two three wishes
-A,B,C easy as 1,2,3
-to see a frind coopon ps: eany (any) frind
-no frinds
-that is not true
-dont have fun
-A +C (the girls name)
-polic (police) is madhead
-don't get out of jail
-kung fue fitan
-no mama come :( the end
HA love the thoughts that come from kids minds. Love it:)
...
After work, I received a text from the hubster to meet him at our favorite Fro Yo place in Allen ... Yumilicious. I am currently in love with their cake batter fro yo with frozen strawberries... seriously my favorite. While having no cable, we enjoyed some very tasty fro yo and watched a portion of the Cowboys game...

What a busy but exciting weekend. This next weekend is our first year anniversary. I cannot believe almost 365 days have gone by since we said I do. Time really does fly and I am loving every moment of it. Until next post...
Love,
Alicia







No comments:
Post a Comment