Monday, November 15, 2010

One Year Old Cake

As many have done before us, Raymond and I kept the top layer of our wedding cake. We would hold it for safe keeping until the day of our first anniversary. I am going to be honest. I was so against this tradition. I simply thought no way would I want to eat a one year old wedding cake let alone want to know what it would look like after 365 days of not so careful wrapping and being cramped next to meat and frozen food items... but still the Zellner's are all about tradition. so why not. This is what our beautiful wedding cake looked like one year ago.


11.14.2009

... and this is the not so lovely top layer of our cake 365 days later. But I'll be honest... it wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be. It was frozen and lacked a sense of taste... but still no green inner layer and really it was still quite edible.

But to be safe, as you probably have read I went ahead and purchased a back up just in case.



Happy First Anniversary with a side of sugary goodness...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails