Thursday, June 12, 2014

See You Later Mrs. Zellner

 
I don't think I could say it any better. It's almost the end. See you later Mrs. Zellner.
On Friday I said goodbye to 17 super special kids. I always find saying good-bye to be the hardest. I truly love my job and even though I may have my ups and downs, I could not be more thankful that God lead me to teaching. I feel it is exactly where I am meant to be at this time in my life.


Friday was a half day for my class. Teachers will return for Monday and Tuesday. Then school is out for summer. It was absolutely bittersweet. I truly had such an amazing year with these fun little personalities. I will miss them dearly. But I could not be more excited to be a summer stay at home mommy with Miss Auby.

On Friday, we enjoyed a special treat. Ray brought Aubrey to visit and read stories to my classroom. The students were more fascinated with her than me or the stories. They really just wanted touch her little toes. It was even said that maybe we could play a quick game of hot potato with her just so she could be passed around so everyone could see better of course. Hey they wanted to share right;) I have to say this year has been truly amazing. I've laughed, cried, and a little bit of everything else in between.

At the beginning of the year I didn't know exactly what this year would hold. Being 8-9 months pregnant and worrying if your water was going to break any moment was a bit of a challenge, but my kids were so sweet and helped in every way that they could. After a few weeks, I was full on waddle, wearing house slippers at school making excuses why I couldn't do jumping jacks with my kiddos. Thank goodness they understood. In October baby girl was born and I said good-bye for a few months. I returned in early December and have been working each day ever since. Like I said, I've laughed, cried, and a bit of everything in between. What a great year!

Good-bye classroom... until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails