With school quickly coming to a close and baby girl beginning to sleep through the night again (with her endless ear infection(s) and teething), it has allowed for a night of good 'ole fashioned mama time. It may be few and far between, but hey, it is totally worth it and nice to have a few moments to write down some thoughts.
.............................
Well I'm pretty sure this top paragraph was written about 2-3 weeks ago. School has come to a close and my first week as a SSAHM has been a blast. If you are unsure what SSAHM stands for it is my hip and super cool (maybe lame) acronym for Summer Stay at Home Mama. With school ending, VBS, and a trip home, our summer has been fast and furious. I am so excited now that we are starting to get into a little summer routine and that we are slowing down a bit. I want to love and cuddle on this baby as much as possible for these next two months. I am so thankful I have this opportunity as I know not everyone has this chance. So I want to eat it up as much as possible before August comes back around. So before I forget as mama brain is always around and my old brain is said to never return... here are some thoughts... a bloggable diary if you will.
1. Multitasking is a must. I have been told that one can really only concentrate on one major thing at a time so hopefully I'll choose the right one when I multitask:)
2. I am so incredibly forgetful. This baby brain is really all that it is claimed to be. I even forget my own stories as I'm telling it. What probably is even worse is that I keep going in hopes that I may figure out or remind myself what it is I'm talking about.
3. I remember the first time that I didn't wake up to go to the bathroom after I had baby was the craziest thing. I totally would have high fived myself if it didn't make me look crazier. I guess I can still blame those things on hormones right?!
4. I still sleep with two pillows at night. This was definitely a prego thing that I just haven't given up just yet. Also I was such a tummy sleeper. That moment has passed.
5. Eight months after my daughter was born, I was finally able to fit into my pregnancy jeans. I am so proud. Sadly I just thought the extra lbs would melt away. I dreamed of this while still eating for two. Oops. I guess I was going about this weight loss thing pretty wrong.
6. I really wish I had an extra hand from time to time. It's making me pretty good at #1.
7. I cut up or peel about everything into tiny little pieces. My biggest fear at this time is choking.
8. My daughter's 3 favorite toys seem to be Georgie the Giraffe, dog toys, and cords. That girl is all over things she shouldn't be. I'm so glad that redirection at this time is still good.
9. Our lives have changed since our sweet addition but I wouldn't have it any other way. She continues to melt my heart daily. I love that beautiful 2 tooth gummy smile. I love her open mouth and slobbery kisses. Those dimples are to die for. I love how she says "Ma-Ma and Da-Da." I love that she is getting so clingy and wraps her arms around me while she lays her head on my shoulder.
10. We are all so in love.
11. Being a wife and mother are two of my life's greatest blessings.
What's Up Wednesday January 2020
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment