Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Field of Blue Family Photo Shoot

 
This has to be one my most favorite shots from our afternoon. A moment when all has come together to catch such a perfect moment in time. When you have all the tripod parts together, the remote is working, we are legitimately sitting in the median of a road, and the baby is not eating a fist full of bluebonnets after you've had a heart attack wondering if they could be poisonous... I would call it a success. 
...I have always loved bluebonnets. Ever since I can remember, I have loved taking pictures in bluebonnets. From family photos, pictures with the pups, and almost being proposed to in a field of bluebonnets, I couldn't wait to have our spring family photos taken in a field of blue
 
The Saturday before Easter, Ray, Auby and I were dressed in our Sunday best (shhh yes we wore it twice) and enjoyed a full afternoon of flower photo shoots. That morning we took photos at the Arboretum and on our return home, with the advice from a friend, made our way to Bethany in Allen. It is a street near Waters Creek Shopping Center and consists of a long road with a large median. As we made our way around the corner, we found the most beautiful field of bluebonnets. We parked across the street in the neighborhood and with tripod and baby in hand, we found a perfect spot.


Auby did a great job. She is such a happy little lady. Today was a bit harder to get our usual smile. The sun, feeding time approaching, and sitting in the middle of a field next to a few more bees than mommy was comfortable with, made for a few little unhappy moments.

We even got this little keeper. I love that her expression basically looks like "mama, are we done yet?!?!" But really she is such a sweet baby. She's a definite keeper.:)

 I just loved her little dress. I found it on Etsy and I am so thankful I ordered it. It was perfect. As Ray says, "I love all the things." Yes, I love a mixture of patterns. And really it's not as though we were matching, just not clashing. I have to say, I think the wardrobe choices were pretty fun and perfect for our first little Easter Fam Photo Shoot.

I sure do love this little girl. I love watching her experience grass and bluebonnets for the first time. She loved pulling the blue flowers off their stem and squishing it between her fingers.
These are such sweet pictures with me and my little. Look at that beautiful 6 month old hand. I cannot imagine her being this tiny and yet so big at the same time.


Easter Sunday would mark my husband and my 12 year date-iversary. I cannot believe that our lives have been entwined for this long. He reminded me earlier this week that we have almost known each other half of our lives. It's amazing to see how our lives have twisted and turned, but all lead us here.
Happy 12 years to my husband, 6 months to our baby girl, and a lifetime of memories together... and hopefully many more in this field of blue!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pictures! And Aubrey's dress is really adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I loved it on Etsy but was so afraid it wouldn't come in time. So glad it did. Love our first Easter! Loved seeing you guys and as always Audrey was so adorable! Can't wait to get the two together:)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails