Dear Auby,
Mommy is so proud of you sweet angel and feels so honored to call you my baby
girl and daughter. While holding you in my tummy, I couldn't wait to meet you,
to love on you, and to watch you grow. Can I say that you are doing just
that... you are growing. Six months has come so quickly and as my first graders
ask (they LOVE talking about you) what my super hero power would be. I quickly
reply that I would have the power to stop time. Sweet girl, as I sadly am not
that super hero (hopefully I'll always be one in your eyes), instead I will
cherish the time given as you will only be this little for so long. As each
month before, I will record all of the special things about you. I don’t want
to miss a minute. So continue to smile, to dream, to learn, and to grow (but not
too quickly), and as you do those things, we promise to love you, to teach you,
and to grow you as God has planned. Happy six months sweet lady.
Date: 4/7/14
Age: Six Months
Measurements: Auby measures 16 lbs 1.5 oz in weight (54th %); 26 1/4 in height (69th %); 16 1/4 in head circumference (19th %);
Clothing: You are pretty much wearing 6 month only outfits with a few 3-6 month pj onesies with feet. For some reason, many of those are long enough for your sweet body. I have enjoyed putting you in Spring outfits this month; however, we have had some unexpected cold days as well. So you have been in anything from short-sleeved onesies, to pjs with footies, leggings, hoodies and jackets. I can't wait for Spring/Summer and to buy you your first baby bathing suit. (daddy says no two pieces just yet;)
Eating: Solids has been our answer to a happy baby. You have enjoyed lots of new foods this past month including rice cereal, avocados, apples, bananas, and peas. You have decreased the amount of formula you drink over this past month. You drink 1 bottle in the morning, 3 at daycare, and 1 at night. We also include rice cereal feedings as well as a solid night feeding before your bottle. You are a lover of food. This makes both mommy and daddy happy as you don't seem to be too picky. While I can't say that you
loved bananas, you still ate them. Peas have been our only no go on food. You ate them, but they didn't sit too well with you. I can't say we are going to try peas again anytime soon. ;) Per the pedi, we can move you to stage 2 foods which are foods that are thicker. We've also been told to include proteins and potatoes. I'm excited to have you try more foods, different textures, and so forth. Daddy has made your food each night sweet girl while mommy feeds you. We have really enjoyed these special jobs. I will say that some foods are definitely messier than others. I have had my fair share of apple and pea pieces on my clothes and in my hair. But as I always say, you are so smiley and love eating. Before solids, you were so hungry. It is hard to admit but there were several times that you came after my chin. Talk about awkward to have bruises from my baby trying to gum my chin;)
Sleeping: We have found our answer to those sleepless nights. After your evacuation date from our room into your own, we found that putting you on your tummy was our answer. You love to sleep on your tummy. We do typically found you in a completely different direction than you started. Like I've always said (even when you were in my tummy) you sure liked to move. Auby you also enjoy sleeping with your bottom up in the air and sometimes face down. This scared your mommy so badly when we first moved you out. I can say I had so many sleepless nights in the beginning afraid that you couldn't breath. You on the other hand slept like a baby. I'm much better now. You do fuss occasionally at night but are perfectly asleep. We've kept the heat on upstairs lately as it has gotten cold in your room. Each night we turn the night light on and the humidifier. It has surely helped with your stuffiness and congestion. We begin your bedtime routine each night between 7:15-7:30. We feed you your solid around 6 then baby bath and some family dance time and/or stories. Then we get your final change and bottle of the night... a prayer... and you are down by 8:00. It works like a charm. Well unless Toby or Mattie hear something and wake you from your slumber. Let's just say that does not make mommy and daddy too happy when you are woken up. You have slept through the night for this whole month minus a day or two. Typically that has been due to weather or as I said a furbabe's loud shouting during sleeping time. But you are a champ and I couldn't be happier. In the morning when I go to wake you, I sing you a good-morning song. It is one of my most favorite parts of the day... to see that morning smile. Talk about melt your heart.
New Activities and Random Tidbits:
- sitting up independently
- army crawling on 4.1.14
- mimics some sounds- Hey is the current favorite.
- sneeze in pairs
- loves watching and petting puppies
- enjoys playing/eating cell phone
- took a paci on 3.31.14
- began solids. Was introduced to rice cereal, avocados, apples, bananas, and peas. We found out that peas make your tummy upset.
- you cry a single tear when you eat
- you pull the bottle to your mouth. You "can" hold a 4 oz bottle but you have become a bit lazy about holding your bottle
- enjoys being in the air, upside down
- likes to touch face (and pull hair) while eating
- recognizes voice and looks in your direction when calling her name. most times (by mommy and daddy)
- helps to put on clothes (mainly hands through the shirts/onesies
- pulls material/toys from her face
- can pick up items and use 1 or both hands
- enjoys looking outside of windows, playing with blinds, watching the cars
- began really playing with friends at daycare
- holding a bottle with two hands (sometimes 6 oz too heavy), you've also gotten a bit relaxed though and try to eat with both hands behind your head so mommy and daddy can feed you
- your nails grow so quickly. I feel like I'm cutting them several times a week
- you will experience your first Easter. I bought you a special dress and can't wait to take pictures
- for the past few months we have not had to put a bib on you. you don't waste any food
- this month you will have two babysitters as mommy and daddy are going to a wedding and an Easter Party Service Project
- You like to turn backward into what we call your "dancer pose"
Likes: crinkle toys, loveys, anything you can chew on, pacis, solid foods, singing, dancing, airplane with mommy and daddy, being upside down, puppies, splashing in the water, watching tv, mommy's phone and camera,
Dislikes: car carrier, Nose Frieda and anything having to do with wiping your nose, if you cannot get a bottle fast enough, peas, barking that wakes you up, the garage door opening during nap/bedtime.
Watch sweet baby girl grow!
No comments:
Post a Comment