Saturday, April 26, 2014

Easter 2014

 For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. 
                                 Jeremiah 29:11

My heart was absolutely filled this Easter Sunday. Being a wife and a mommy has been my greatest love. I thank my heavenly Father today and every day for this gift and the grace that has been provided to me. Let His name be lifted higher and may we remember our true gifts this Easter Sunday.

After the arrival of the Easter bunny... (Mommy and Daddy shared a basket this year)

and a quick morning song with Auby, we were dressed and ready to go. That morning, the Prius was not in working order. I sent several messages in fear we wouldn't make service. But as our friends were about to head our direction to pick us up, our car began to work. Service was amazing. It was so fun to see all the families and children dressed up in Spring outfits. Talk about adorable. Our church also provided free family photos after the service. I love that Ray always talked about his family's church Easter picture each year. Now we have our very own little tradition as well.
We had been invited to share Easter this year with our sweet friends from church, The Ogles. Sadly once home, the car began to have trouble and the battery would not work. Erin came to our rescue and picked up my family of three. They are such sweet friends. 

For brunch, we had a beautiful array of brunch foods from egg casserole, bacon, grits, chicken salad sandwiches, fruit, and red velvet cake for dessert. 

After brunch we took a fun family photo opt. Here are some of my favorites from this afternoon with friends. 

 {Our sweet family of 3}
  {Ray and our beauty}
{The Ogles}
 {Richard, Ray and the girls}
 {Aubrey 6 months and Eva Mae 10 months}

 {Erin and I with our littles}
 {Erin and her beautiful blue eyed babe}
 Our babes enjoying the Spring weather. We were supposed to have bad weather, but it was a perfect afternoon. The rain waited for us until our return home.

This Easter season, we began a new family tradition. It is called our letter to heaven. Each year Auby will get a balloon on Easter and will "write" a letter to God and send it to heaven. We of course will write it until she's old enough, but I am so excited about this new little tradition. I am hoping this will be a great way to remind her that Easter is more than chocolate candy bunnies. Since we were sharing this Easter with friends, we decided to get their little girl a balloon as well. Let's just say that our first attempt at our notes to heaven was a bit more comical than I had imagined. Eva Mae loved playing with the balloon string while Auby thought that eating the note was more fun. These pictures absolutely crack me up. I love the sweet little relationship they are forming.


  The gents had to help us out.

Our letters were sent
We are so thankful for what God has done and is continuing to do in our lives, the people He places, and the paths that we've taken. If He is for us who could stand against us... I have always loved those words in the song. I also wanted to give a big thanks to our dear friends for letting us borrow their car for a few days. It was more than we could ever have asked for and exactly what we needed this week.

Today also marks 12 years of dating my husband. 12 years has taught us oh so much and I couldn't be more thankful that God has blessed me with both my best friend and husband as well as our daughter. Without Him, I wouldn't have them! 

I wish you a blessed Easter and all the days to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails