I have to say this
Valentine's Day was extra special. There is something so wonderful about a day of love when you have two very special ones to celebrate it with. Oh how I love these two faces.
This morning I took some extra time cuddling and loving on these two. And what would be a first Valentine's Day celebration without some
XOXOs and a mini photo session.
This year, Valentine's fell on a Friday. This is absolutely perfect when you are a first grade teacher. We partied all day long. From Valentine's crafts, decorating cookies, and Valentine's Bingo, we surely had a blast and a ton of sugar! The night before, mommy put together these little gift bags for Aubrey's teachers. We just love her school and her sweet teachers that love her and care for her each day. They are sure a
BURST of sunshine to us.
After school, we picked up sweet Aubs and headed home. Mommy had a few treats for daddy and Daddy too had a few plans up his sleeve.
First we played with baby girl. We enjoyed her loud squeals and even got in a few little laughs.I have to say that her morning smiles and afternoon squeals and exploration are some of my favorite moments spent with her and her daddy. After little Miss was put to bed, the husband and I spoke of our past 12 Heart Days spent together. One of our favorite we discussed was in college. It was a picnic at Research Park. The weather was windy and absolutely sunny but cold. We tried our first sips of wine... ok really it was Arbor Mist. ha. We ate fruit and cheese, chocolate covered strawberries, and of course viola. Well after a few minutes of discussion, we went upstairs and he told me that tonight his surprise was just that.
He recreated one of our favorite Valentine's Days together. This time with candles, the same picnic basket, Arbor Mist, chocolate covered strawberries, and heart shaped sandwiches. After an exceptionally hard week, I would have to say that it is so nice to be reminded what truly matters.
Happy Valentine's Day from our house to yours!
No comments:
Post a Comment