I cannot believe that you are four months old today sweet girl. I have to say that this has been my favorite month so far. You have grown so much in this short time and I don't want to blink in fear that the time will simply pass us by. I love that beautiful smile, adorable giggle, and those dimples are to die for. I love you more than words sweet girl and I am so thankful for each moment that I spend with you. I am counting down the days until Spring Break and to each holiday that will give me an extra day to cuddle with you and daddy. I live for weekends and for each day I come home after work to do some play and tummy time with you. This month has brought us so many firsts from our first bout of illness, huge smiles, finding our feet, rolling over back to tummy, belly laughs, sitting up, babbles, and bubble making. You both are the love of my life and I am so excited for this next month and for all those to come.
I am so excited to capture these sweet month-iversaries and share these special moments with those we love. I cannot wait to see what this next month has in store for us.
Date: 2/7/14
Age: Four Months
Measurements: 13 lbs 12 oz, (weight 54%), 25 inches (length 77%), 15 3/5 (head cir 25%)
Clothing: You are officially in 3M or 3-6 month clothing. I have had to sort through your clothing yet again and put many pieces away. It is always a tearful activity, remembering all the special moments and the outfits you wore. I do love that a sweet baby bestie that will be born this April will be getting your clothes. It will be fun to watch her wear some of our favorite outfits.
Eating: You are still eating about four ounces every 3 hours but now will consume more 5-6 ounce bottles more frequently. You will consume a 6 ounce bottle first thing in the morning and before bedtime. You really only fuss when you are about to eat and then when you are sleepy.
Sleeping: Since your RSV, we have been keeping you upright at night with a humidifier. Let me tell you how that has made all the difference. You of course are still trying to fall asleep at 4:00 but we are doing our very best to extend it and throw in an extra play/tummy time session until about 6 and a bedtime about 6:30. You have been sleeping through the night for over a week now and I couldn't be more thankful. You usually slip down in your bouncer and fuss (while sleeping). I just lift you back up. I make a little adjustment and you are out like a light. If you do get up, it is once and it is usually between 4-5. I'll take it. I am so afraid to transition you back. I tried this past week and you were up every 2-3 hours. So definitely we'll be keeping our fingers crossed that you can continue your sleeping through the night when you return to your bed.
New Activities:
Your new activities include making more sounds, began to pet Mattie and notice the puppies, a stronger grip, rolling over from back to tummy, belly laughs, bigger smiles, mimicing our sounds, sticking out tongue, found your feet, siting up by self (for longer periods of time), pulling hair, noming on my chin, took your first big girl bath
Likes: silly faces, sticking tongue out, mirrors (by choice) being on your tummy, rattle ball toy, crinkle toys including Ella and Georgie the Giraffe, swing, bouncer, sucking on fingers,
Dislikes: the carrier, hiccups, pacis, not getting food in a timely manner, changing clothes, washing hair, being wet
Random Tidbits:
- One year ago on January 31st, we found out we were expected our greatest miracle.
- You experienced another snow day at home.
- We spent an afternoon in the park.
- You enjoyed your first super bowl... even though you and mommy had nothing to do with it.
- Mommy and daddy enjoyed their first parent's night out. You stayed at the church for a few hours with your friends.
- You were diagnosed with RSV and spent some much needed rest at home.
- You celebrated several of your baby bestie's birthdays.
- Aubrey you love to try to hold your own bottle. You are not there quite yet, but boy do you love to try.
- You are such a happy baby sweet girl. I love that adorable smile. I love the mornings and when we pick you up from daycare. When you see us, your face lights up.
- Sometimes I think you can be super outgoing but sometimes are going to be shy as you love to smile and then hide your face in my scarf.
- You also love to eat my scarf these days.
- You have started to reach out for people's faces. Many times you pull on our mouths, cheeks, hair, etc. It does tend to hurt sweet girl as your grip has gotten so strong.
- You love laughing at your daddy and when other babies laugh.
- You love sleeping with your hands behind your head.
- You loved hearing the story, Sophia the First.
- Mommy loves to dress you in super girly things... even though they were given to us. She loves buying clothes for you and likes to put any type of bow to wear on your head.
- Aubrey, you hoard fuzz in your toes. Daddy jokes that you have his gorilla toes and seriously girl it is always there.
- You have the longest little fingers and still love to chew on all of them.
We love you so much little lady. Continue to grow, to laugh, and to snuggle. We love every moment and are so thankful for each of them. Happy four months sweet angel.
Enjoy a few pictures from her photoshoot.






I cannot wait to see our sweet little girl again! She is growing and becoming quite a little character! Her smiles warm my heart. Aubrey, Oma and Opa say happy 4 Months. We love you so much!!
ReplyDelete