I love that our lives are filled with absolutely imperfect perfection. It definitely gives you a new perspective on life. It is true... in a photographer's world (not that I would ever compare myself to one as I am simply a lover of pictures... lots of them:) it is all about appearing "picture perfect" when in reality the real image may be far from it. I always like to admit while the picture may be "dolled up" the image definitely represents such a wonderful moment in time. That's honestly why I love to blog. I love capturing such amazing moments that I can share with those I love and keep for years to come. But as everyone knows life is not always perfect but I think it is in those imperfect times that we can truly shine. So I decided to make a post about my new perspective and give truths about some perfectly imperfect moments that are not typically shared.
1. I may be the only person who can fall in a two foot pool.
2. I love the smell of doggy kisses all over my face.
3. I rarely ask if it's chocolate.
4. This week our washer sprung a leak and I just knew it was broken. Later I found out it was user error and someone... hint hint... the lady of the house basically overloaded it. oops
5. Our apartment is typically covered in Mattie's dog hair as she constantly sheds. I usually vacuum daily so no one has to see it.
6. I hate that our apartment staircase constantly has bird poop at the entrance and think it looks extremely tacky or trashy for that matter.
7. I tend to argue.
8. I do not like to be overwhelmed.
9. I hate that I am not in control of my career path next year. I know that God is in control but the human side of me still struggles.
10. I love taking pictures of our family of four even though it is next to impossible to get our pups to participate.
11. Praying for patience is good but God providing the instances that one should find patience is difficult.
12. I have become so lazy.
13. I fight for what I want. This can typically be a good thing but at times has brought about conflict.
14. I want to be a mom.
15. I hate that my job next year determines our time line for a house and to officially start our family.
I guess those are just some of the things on my mind right now. I definitely did not write this as a means to sound negative. I just feel that sometimes providing truth about ourselves allows us to find a new perspective on things. I am so thankful and blessed for the husband I have, for our cute family of four, and for the friends and family. God is truly doing amazing things in our life and I couldn't be more excited but know that life is about imperfections as well and what we do with those... and who we are is defined by moments... even the imperfect ones.
What's Up Wednesday January 2020
6 years ago

I know how ready you are to start the next chapter of your life. And I know it's easier said than done, but trust in the Lord's timing; it is perfect.
ReplyDeleteAlso...I got a little hint that there might be a need for a 5th Kinder teacher at my school next year. We already have a crazy number of kids enrolled and it hasn't even hit "busy season" yet. SOOOOO...if you want to try for a kinder position, I will totally put in a great word for you!!!! You might even want to email/talk to him directly sometime soon just to get your foot in the door before the official need for another teacher. :)
Love ya and cant wait for MEXICO with y'all!!!!