Saturday, September 4, 2010

Twenty Six and Counting!!!

Twenty

Six

Well as many of you may have figured it out... today is my birthday! And what a birthday it has been. Last night after we had returned from Dave and Busters, Ray had told me about an article he read about a novelty donut place in Addison. Well it's not really a donut place as it is a pizza shop that sells specialty donuts from 8-10AM. So what better than eating tasty donuts for my birthday breakfast... nothing:) We then set the alarm for 8:00AM for the next morning. This is what I woke up to...


Kisses & Noms:)

We then left the apartment and had arrived all by 9:00AM... and within a few moments had made it to the counter. We were so excited... but soon found out... they were sold out. But we did not let that get us down... it's my birthday right?!?!? so we decided to head to Uptown and order some breakfast Dimples.


The Hubs w/ the Birthday Girl

If you are not familiar with Dimples cupcakes... then I do believe you should go try them for yourself. They are nothing short of amazing. It's basically cake and wonderful goodness all rolled into one. We viewed a mouth watering selection including banana cream, half and half, wedding cake, strawberry, chocolate with cream cheese icing, oreo, and many others. We ended up choosing the strawberry and chocolate. These were two very amazing choices. Enjoy some pictures of our delicious Dimples.


The Birthday Girl's Strawberry Cupcake!
(all before 10:00AM) ha!

The Hubs and I with our Tasty Treats!

On our way home... or what I thought was an extended drive around Uptown, Ray then informed me that it was time to give me my birthday present... and ended up here...

The Apple Store!

Birthday Girl w/ her Gift!

My husband surprised me with my very own iphone! I was beyond excited. Now I am officially brought into the correct decade when it comes to technology and I should now have no excuse for getting lost. Is it sad that when I previously had I simply called my husband and said ok... google me. Ha! I just figured I couldn't be that "old" at twenty six. After receiving my brand new AMAZING IPHONE and left the store to head back to the car... I definitely did a very special and spastic happy dance. Sorry people of Uptown if you saw some random girl doing a celebratory dance off Knox and McKinney this past morning... but I really don't care. I was one happy birthday girl!

So after my birthday surprise we left for the mall to find a new snazy phone cover. After about an hour sorting through different looks and styles I realized that I am a little more picky than I thought.... then realizing the time and the fact that all we had eaten this morning was sugar, it was definitely time for lunch. Since it was my decision and I had no concern today about the health factor of my choices (kind of botched that this morning with cupcakes... oops) I chose Freebirds. Boy was it super yummy. It was so nice having such a fun day with the hubs and all of my wonderful birthday surprises. After our tummies were full it was definitely time to head back to the apartment for some time of rest and relaxation. As part of my birthday I also decided that a movie marathon would make for a good afternoon (relaxing) activity. And boy was it.

Today was such a special birthday. A day filled with so much love.... so many loved ones wishing me such a wonderful day. I do believe (as previously said) that Twenty Six will be a pretty awesome year. I can't wait for all that is in store for us this year. So here's to another amazing year!

Happy Twenty Six:)


Love,
The Birthday Girl!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails