Sunday, September 12, 2010

"Tricks Up His Sleeve" & Birthday Suprises!

My husband definitely has a few tricks left up his sleeve... and I was absolutely clueless! This past weekend we had the opportunity to go home to visit our families in Sugar Land. It had honestly been several months and I was absolutely looking forward to good 'ole family conversation, relaxation, and catch up of course. What I didn't know is that for weeks, my amazing husband had been planning a surprise birthday party for me... but first let me start from the beginning.

On Friday, Ray and I were both able to leave from work around 3:00PM. After a few moments and a quick gathering of a few necessities, we headed out of town for the weekend. The puppies watched out the windows and napped as we made a 4.5 hour trek home.

Mattie was not exactly thrilled that she was forced to sit in the back as compared to the nice warm lap that she was accustomed to laying on in the front. I don't think Toby was exactly excited to have to share his space either... but they were so sweet cuddling in the back of the car as we rode.

Friday night we arrived a little before 9PM. We were able to share some time with my family before heading to bed for the evening. When I woke up my mother was already in the process of making King Ranch Casserole for lunch as well as my usual angel food cake for dessert. YUM! After the food had been completed and we had a tasty breakfast of blueberry muffins, my mom and I went errand running for a few items... including my birthday goodies. I parents got me a blue tooth headset and a case for my new iphone. I was so excited. We then ate a special lunch and spent the rest of the afternoon enjying our time together with great conversation, yummy eats, and games of course.

At 5PM, it was time for us to say good-bye (or so I thought) to my family and head over to the Zellners for our time to visit. I was advised that we were to pick up some wine and then we'd be right over. As we walked into the house... horns and vuvuzelas blew, people screamed SUPRISE... and I was totally in shock. I think the puppies were too as they both quickly ran out the front door as Ray tried to catch them to bring them back inside. Inside the hallway stood Ray's parents, sisters, Todd (becky's boyfriend), Nana, Aunt Sally, his cousins Stephen and Will, Joyce (second mom:), Josh... and my mom:) Our random trip to Kroger was basically to give my mother a chance to head over there. Ray had done it. As he told me... he definitely did have a few tricks left up his sleeves!

To give a few details all I had wanted for my birthday was a BBQ and he had done it... all without my knowledge ha. What a fun party:) We enjoyed great time together, yummy handburgers, hot dogs, my mom's fruit salad, deviled eggs (YUM), salad, and for dessert... Joyce made an extremely delicious carrot cake... one of my absolute favorites! Thank you to my family and friends (and especially my husband) for showing me so much love! I am so thankful for each of you and am so honored that you came to celebrate such a fun event in my life... again 26 has seriously been a great year:) So enjoy some pictures from our evening... My Suprise 26th BBQ Birthday:)



My Birthday Decor

Amazing Family & Friends at the Party

The Mamas... Ray's Mama MJ, my Mama Kathy, and Ray's second Mama Joyce... plus sweet Mattie Mama:)

Zellner Sisters (we miss you Farrah... you were here in spirit:)
Sally and the Boys!

Sally, Becky, and Todd

The Hubster and his Wifey!

Ray and his Vuvuzella (Toby and Mattie were not a fan)
Josh and Mattie!

The Zellner Kids (Todd as an honorary Zellner)
Nana's Yummy Deviled Eggs

Joyce's tasty carrot cake

My new Hello Kitty Lunch Box. I love teacher gifts....:)
Happy 26th: Suprise Party!

What a special birthday! WOOT WOOT with the vuvuzella!

Love,
Alicia

3 comments:

  1. AWWW, how special!! It looks like you had so much fun! Yay! :)
    Happy late birthday! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow go Alicia's husband!! I love that Margarita napkin. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know right!!!!!! It definitely was amazing... and I too loved that Margarita napkin:) and THANKS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails